By disappointed - 23/09/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, after having saved up my money for months to buy my college-bound son the car of his dreams, I got a phone call telling me it had been totalled during a drag-race. I only gave him the keys two days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 257
You deserved it 14 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

I seriously hope you knocked his dumb ass out. And that you had insurance.

Comments

perdix 29

The kid is a dumb **** because he is the son of a dumb ****! Who gives a kid going to college his dream car? You give a college-bound kid basic transportation, so they can work hard, get good grades, get a good job and buy their own ******* dream car! No wonder so many kids are turning into entitled little snots who get everything handed to them and can't put in an honest day's work! Bah!

U mad bro? But yeah, a LOT of college age kids (not adults. Kids.) are too stupid for that.

perdix 29

Yeah. I had one of those "you damn kids get offa my lawn" moments. My real beef is with the idiot parent. I feel better now.

FYLDeep 25

I'm with you Perdix. I was about to post a similar comment to yours. My first vehicle was in fact paid for by my parents and it cost 1800 dollars. It was a 1996 Dodge Dakota and it sucked in the winter. I hated that thing and after driving it a couple years I earned enough money to buy a decent car. That's pretty much all my parents have helped me with. They didn't help me pay for college at all either.

Amen to that. In the months before I went to university, my parents kept smiling secretively and hinting we'd have to buy a new car soon. In the end, they trolled me - it was my dad who got the new car, and I got his hand-me-down, which is older than I am. It definitely makes me more grateful for the day I earn the money for my eventual dream car. Every time I drive a car that was manufactured in this century, I get more excited than the Double Rainbow guy.

Thank you, No. 62, for hitting the nail precisely on the head. The OP is the equivalent of the Village Idiot for giving this asshole of a kid the 'car of his dreams,' which judging by the fact that he was racing it, was a hot rod. It has long been my observation that the parents of asshole kids think their kids are terrific, trustworthy angels, and the parents of the good kids think their kids are ***** who can't be trusted. My parents did the same thing. When I got my license, I was handed the grocery list and told to get my lazy ass in gear. I was only allowed to use the family car and ONLY for chores and errands I had been assigned by them. If I wanted to go somewhere for myself, forget it. When my assfuck brother turned 16, he got a hot rod. Within a month he got drunk and drove it into a house (yep, a HOUSE), then fled the scene. My parents were pissed at the neighbor who witnessed it and called the police but NOT at my brother for smashing his car into a house in a drunken stupor. They just went out and bought him another. He's 49 now and STILL sponging off them and they can't see their own culpability in that.

mishkaroni 15

#62 I agree completely. I read it and thought why on earth would you buy your child his dream car?! I got my grandparents used station wagon for my first car and it was when I was in my early 20s..plus I paid for it...you give a kid everything they want and of course they don't appreaciate it. YDI OP.

You are so right, 247. My parents handed my brother everything on a silver platter and are now stumped that he is a 49-year-old bum who is still sponging off them. I never got one thin dime and never went home after the first Christmas break my freshman year in college, so they essentially stopped giving me anything at all over 30 years ago when I was 18. I am very respected in my field, which I know is killing them because the Golden Boy went nowhere. However, they were able to salvage something out of this. The ultimate spin doctors, they now claim their hard line 'make her starve for it' treatment of me was their plan all along, and look, it worked. We did it! What great parents we are! You should be grateful to us! We made you tough! We made you determined! We made you successful! Now dump your husband and kid and come home to give us round-the-clock nursing care in our dotage because you owe us! From the time my brother and I were really small it was obvious to me that the seeds of success were sown in me, not him. They saw it too, and that was my problem. They spent years beating me down, tripping me up and holding me back while doing their best to puff him up and it was all a big waste of time. I got to the top of my field and he is at the bottom of his. They tried like hell to reverse our destinies but eventually I escaped and no amount of propping him up ever made him into anything. The cream still rose and as hard as they tried, they just couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

I understand your heart, but who they hell buys their irresponsible college-age son his dream car!? Are you Bill Gates or Obama?

Chaos187 6

Well Obama doesn't have a son. So yea...jokes on you.

SweatyDucks 7

You say it like Obama is hella rich.

every1luvsboners 11

• President Obama's assets are valued at between $4.25 million and more than $23 million dollars, according to financial disclosure forms released yesterday. (By that vague a measure, we can claim that his assets are valued at between $600 and $19 million.) Most of his money comes from royalties from his books. The President disclosed receiving a $500,000 advance last year to abridge his books for young readers. [Wall Street Journal] If that's not wealthy, I don't know what is.

Don't forget, he gets paid $400,000 a year, and that's mostly extra money, as practically anything he does is paid for with an expense account.

Presidential income with no expenses yeah obamas well off...

Yeah 70, he's afraid of producing a prick like you :P nice fail little lady

kathee_love 0

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why they invented GAP insurance.

seximexi911 10

Damn dude that really sucks. But if he wrecked it I hope he's ok. I'm going to go ahead and assume he's alright otherwise we would be reading a very different fml. So fyl, but glad he's not hurt

viticomanuel 0

now you know better. dont give him the car back. he can walk

Well I hope you never buy him another damn thing in his life.

adam218 0

No you're an idiot for giving a college kid the car of his dreams... You know what i have for college an old car with a whole lotta miles