By Anonymous - 29/01/2010 07:25 - United States

Today, after having been a vegetarian for 8 years because I'm opposed to cruelty to animals, I lost a bet and had to eat a whole cheeseburger. I loved it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 340
You deserved it 58 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ANSNIMS 4

It's ok, I don't think Big Mac's actually contain any real meat. Unless by 'meat' you mean grease and newspaper...

YDI for taking a bet that goes against your values in life. that's just stupid.

Comments

blaaaaakely 0

actually, anatomically humans are herbivores, not carnivores or even omnivores. both omnivores and carnivores have incisors of a sort. as humans, our teeth are dull and not made to grind meat but instead to chew vegetables. look it up. I did a research paper in my college English class and found a great page about it. also, meat-eaters are more likely to develop disorders like ED ;D just an fyi for the fellas, haha.

You must look really odd if you don't have incisors, are you a homeless guy?

blaaaaakely 0

I'm aware we have teeth called incisors, but our "incisors" are dull and not made to grind meat unlike the actual incisors of omnivores or carnivores.. and I wasn't aware that homeless people had different dental structures? that was an awful excuse for a joke :/

Incisors aren't meant for grinding. They are meant to cut and shear food. All food. Plus we have canines which are solely meant for ripping and tearing meat into manageable portions.

Most of the comments on this page are the reason I hate vegetarians. Most of them are such ******* morons. Whether you eat meat or not is not going to save your precious animals, just as many are slaughtered. You're not making a difference. I have no problem with people not eating meat, my problem is with those who cram their beliefs down others' throats because they think they're doing something notable. Does a lion in the wild suddenly decide not to eat it's prey because that's "mean"? It's the circle of life, grow a pair.

Most of the comments on this page are saying how they hate Vegetarians. Come on until this post the Vegetarian/non vegetarian arguments were mostly not spoken, and then I can mainly see people against vegeterian, saying as a meat eater myself, this is simply about a dumb vegetarian who made a idiotic bet and deserves it if she actually went through with it, Not which lifestyle is better, don;t make it that.

Just as many are not slaughtered. Less demand for meat = less animals bred and killed for consumption. The OP isn't trying to cram their beliefs down anyone's throats, and as far as I can see, nor is anyone else asides from people claiming vegetarianism is stupid. Lions aren't omnivores and don't have other options, and they way the kill their prey isn't as awful as the way a lot of meat work factories kill the animals we eat. Which brings me to another point; kill your own dinner and eat it before you tell anyone else to grow a pair because lions in the wild kill other animals.

monnanon 13

lions dont keep a farm load of prey and kill them regardless of whether it needs food or not. We do. A lion kills when it need to eat unlike us who kill animals and in a lot of cases process the hell out of them, most of the meat does get used up but some doesnt meaning some of the animals die in vain. Im not a vegi and i understand the whole "they would die anyway" argument. All i'm saying is a little bit more respect towards the animals that we eat (which thankfully a lot of farms, slaughterhouses do have) would not go amiss. To OP what the hell were you thinking, you eat a big mac and your oppossed to animal cruelty? If you are going to make a decision like that at least have the courage to follow it through.

blaaaaakely 0

I can't speak for all vegetarians, but I'm aware that on my own, I'm not making a difference. However, I don't have to take part in something I don't feel right about. I try not to be a moral beacon of superiority, because nobody wants to hear "ew, that's dead animal" or anything of the like. That has less to do with vegetarianism and more with being a pretensious douchebag. Hope that helped put it into perspective a bit.

blaaaaaakely, everything you're saying I'm agreeing with one hundred percent. this guy. :) a lion and a human being have entirely different sets of judgements and if we are to claim to be so civilized and advanced, shouldn't our ethics (namely regarding meat consumption) advance too? To me, it seems a lot of contradicting statements are being offered here. and in regards to all the people stating that vegetarians disgust them and that we need to 'grow a pair', the lack of rational arguments involved with these posts really prove to me that I've picked the 'right side'. :)

Haha, after all those long comments, josh's one made me lol, it's like a punch-line.

crusher666 0

how is that a bad thing. meet is good for you.

davek 36

Wow, imagine eating a proper burger then. With actual cheese. And bacons.

big mac more like crap they scraped of the tires if the delivery truck and then threw it on the grill

mistershlong 0

how did this get through? you ate a big mac and liked it big ******* deal

cwark 0

YDI for being a vegetarian in the first place.