By Anonymous - 29/01/2010 07:25 - United States

Today, after having been a vegetarian for 8 years because I'm opposed to cruelty to animals, I lost a bet and had to eat a whole cheeseburger. I loved it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 340
You deserved it 58 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ANSNIMS 4

It's ok, I don't think Big Mac's actually contain any real meat. Unless by 'meat' you mean grease and newspaper...

YDI for taking a bet that goes against your values in life. that's just stupid.

Comments

_JaneDoe 0

So, I'm a vegetarian. I don't think you should eat meat, but I'm not saying meat tastes horribly. If it wasn't made out of dead animal, I'd love to eat some sausage, miced meat, or other stuff I loved before going vegetarian. You're an idiot for doing a bet like that, if that's really against your beliefs.

I'll eat most animal, I don't do rodent though.. I'll pass on the miced meat.

Pearljammer001 0

I get the whole cruelty to animals thing but being vegetarian isn't going to stop that so if you enjoy big mac ass burgers then stop complaining and go stuff your face!

I'd say YDI for being a vegetarian for the wrong reasons. You can be a vegetarian, that's just fine, but if you are an homnivore you don't neceseraly are "for" the cruelty against animals. Many meat eaters do care about the well-being of animals in general. Having a couple of farms who respect their animals (a "nice" killing...)

Lol, i think what he means is being a veg because of the way the animals are killed is wrong, that he should have a better reason to be a veg, which honestly i can't find.. :)

What is number 33 on about? Is he high or what? Anyways it's your own fault

lol.... thats awesome!! i think it's time for catch up hey!!! :D

I'm guessing if you made such a bet, unless you were 100% positive you wouldn't loose, you wanted a guilt free way of eating meat again, atleast a big mac. If you loved it so much why don't you just eat meat? It's not like every time you eat a big mac they kill a cow out back. Your contribution to vegetarianism on it's own isn't saving any animals.

Vegetarians need to watch The Lion King and learn about the circle of life.

ShutterSp33d 0

Loolll. I have vegetarian and vegan friends but I still believe that if God didn't want us to eat meat, there would be vicious teeth on cows and chickens and whatnot.

That would be a good point if god existed.

that would be a good point if the circle of life involved keeping chickens and cows in cages/pens so incredibly small that they cannot move.