By Anonymous - 29/01/2010 07:25 - United States

Today, after having been a vegetarian for 8 years because I'm opposed to cruelty to animals, I lost a bet and had to eat a whole cheeseburger. I loved it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 340
You deserved it 58 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ANSNIMS 4

It's ok, I don't think Big Mac's actually contain any real meat. Unless by 'meat' you mean grease and newspaper...

YDI for taking a bet that goes against your values in life. that's just stupid.

Comments

clockworkrainbow 3

So, this is fake.. You can't go eight years without eating meat, nomming a Big Mac, and then not puking up your internal organs. I stopped eating pork around eight months ago and had made the mistake of eating food that had been cooked quite close to pork... BLARGH. Couldn't stop puking to save my life. OP is a liar liar, plants for hire.

butlerreid 0

Hey #102, if 1% of America gave a crap about how much cow we ate, then we'd still eat meat, nothing can change that. MEAT!!

UTgirl47 0

When I say Hilshire You Say Farm! HILSHIRE...FARM....GO MEAT!!!! (haha...sorry i LOVE that commercial...and your MEAT in all caps reminded me of it! )

UTgirl47 0

im majoring in Agriculture: Food Science and Technology and this whole thing is pretty much pointless...even the little things we dont think about...like where red coloring for foods and some clothes comes from (its called Cochineal...and it takes 70,000 of a certain type of beetle from south america to make a pound...this is what we use for any red food...milkshakes...beverages...ect.) And "Natural Flavors" means some sort of meat, bug, or animal by-product. Marshmellos even have animals bones in them in order to make them puffy. and the list goes on...In my opinion its just the way life is...farmers have to make money too you know...and they HAVE to milk thier cows...what else should we do with that milk? IM from Tennessee and When you grow up around agriculture and farms...you just learn to eat what they give you and not complain. :)

ZeroCharisma 0

The milk would go to the source it was intended for- their calves. Do humans produce milk when they haven't given birth? No. Cows don't either. Dairy cows are kept pregnant all of the time and their offspring are either used to produce milk if they're female or are raised for veal if male. It's not as if cows produce this neverending supply of milk and we're doing them a favor by drinking it. Farmers keep cows pregnant, therefore they keep producing milk. That's how it works.

Humans can lactate without giving birth, and indefinitely if they keep feeding. They don't need to be kept pregnant to keep lactating.

True, but they also don't need to keep lactating to be allowed to survive. The average dairy cow lasts 4-5 years before slaughter. Sounds like quite fun life!

UTgirl47 0

Cows produce way More milk than the cav needs...And a cow produces milk for many months after birth. some can even continue to lactate for 18 months. And true dairy farmers are never cruel to thier animals...i have many friends and relatives who are dairy farmers...including my gradnparents...In fact...dariy cows are probablly the most well treated animals on the planet asside from dogs. Each farmer has an entire team of vets and workers assigned to thier cows. We as a country have doen this to ourselves for huminizing animals...we have too many cartoons and such where cows and other animals act as humans. And the Chick-fil-a cows dont help. Ive grown up around it...i would know. I told a friend of mine who happens to own a ranch about some of these things the other day...i thought he was going to die laughing..."the modern world is ignorant of what goes on our farms" READ JAMES HARRIOT PEOPLE ...greatest books ever.

Milk does go to the calves, dairy cows produce more milk then their calves could ever drink, so instead of letting the mother be with the calf and have her produce tons of milk that the calf can't keep up with, and subsquently allow the cow the be in pain from her udder being so full and ultimately get an infection they are milked so that humans can have thier milk.

jj79242 0

yeaaaaaaa ****** big macs rule see what you been missin out on ?

ItisMyOpinion 0

Will people stop saying vegan instead of vegetarian? IT ISN'T THE SAME THING.

jj79242 0

twinkle star shut ur **** sucker

ItisMyOpinion 0

jj79242 Make sure your text complies with our rules http://www.fmylife.com/comments/rules

You shouldn't have made that bet if there was ANY chance you might have to eat meat. YDI! Oh ya-I'm a vegetarian as well, and I would NEVER make that bet!

Cartain 0

Again with the advertising. FY.

amatayo 0

If you think that was good try Carls jr's Guacamole burger, it will change your life.