By Noj12345 - 25/06/2009 08:05 - United States

Today, after finishing work, my friend was having a party next door and my driveway was blocked. I parked 6 houses down and went to the party for 20mins. After coming out after 3 beers, I went to move my car back to my house and go to sleep. I got a DUI for driving 30 feet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 293
You deserved it 57 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You drank 3 beers in 20 minutes and then decided to get behind the wheel? YDI, even for 30 feet.

Should've left your car there and walked home.

Comments

you shouldn't drink at all if your driving

kaykay10xo 0
LeCorsaire_fml 0

fyl but you should've been smarter. The cops must have been waiting for someone to come out of that party.

ydi , like really ? 6 houses ? You could have walked .

walk genius you're car can wait untill morning

i agree 151 YDI you could have walked home and then park your car the next day

The_Nicest_Truth 5

Everyone who is saying it's okay to drive even "semi-drunk": Please, do not even talk unless you understand what it's like to lose someone because of a drunk driver. Even 30 feet could cause enough damage to hit someone and send them flying, and when they collide with something, their brain stem could snap. My brother's best friend, Jon Kramnic(you might have heard of him), just died on November 22nd, 2009, because a man who was drunk(and already had four DUIs, not to mention)hit Jon. He was going the wrong way with his headlights off doing sixty MPH. Honestly, God could not have picked a more undeserving kid. Jon never drank once in his life, or smoked. He had a crazy mother who kicked him out for no reason when he was sixteen(he was seventeen when he died)and he treated her with more respect than more than three-quarters of the kids I know treat their parents, who are awesome, by the way. I don't think I've ever gone through this kind of pain. He was like my big brother, and I had known him since I was born. Then a drunk man hit him and snapped his brain stem and killed him. So, no, it's not okay to drive drunk(or tipsy, or buzzed; just eliminate alcohol from the whole situation), unless you would like to be responsible for an innocent kid's death.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but what was the BAC of the guy who killed your friend? It was probably pretty high. Driving sleepy is more dangerous than driving with a BAC of 0.10. Most traffic deaths due to alcohol don't occur until the driver has a BAC of 0.15 or above. Below that and the statistics are essentially the same as sober drivers. Banning driving with a BAC of 0.08 like we do is equivalent to banning firecrackers because someone pipe-bombed a school.

theETHELS 0

3 beers in 20 minutes! we should party together!