Honest mistake

By YahItsMe94 - 25/06/2009 07:20 - United States

Today, was my first day back at work since my wife got breast cancer. I come in and see some people with pink slips and frowns. When I get to my desk I find a pink slip, I go up to my boss and start to curse him out for firing me. Only to find out my pink slip was a fundraiser for my wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 850
You deserved it 61 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry about your wife. But you shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. YDI.

jg600 0

You shouldn't curse your boss out like that even if he did fire you. You lose any recommendation he could give you.

Comments

Sorry about your wife. But you shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. YDI.

EffinWhosLife 0

I bet he didn't have the space to include that he ACTUALLY DID get fired after that.

fmlfmlfml15 0

lol at #22. wait..........why where the people frowning?

yeah, how did you not make the connection?

KingDingALing 9

cuz they knew his wife had breast cancer

they were frowning cuz a pink slip means that u got laid off as in the government doesn't have enough money to pay you to work do that's why they were frowning.

Yeah, read it before you freak out dude.

that sucks. But in all fairness, u should have read the paper b4 jumping to conclusions

curryndricegirll 0

I'm thinking the boss should have been a little smarter than using pink paper for it. He should have just had a pink ribbon watermark or something. But the confusion should have been expected, IMO...and the OP should have read it before yelling at the boss. both at fault, but I'll say FYL because of your situation and the stress you must've been under. Best wishes for your wife.

jg600 0

You shouldn't curse your boss out like that even if he did fire you. You lose any recommendation he could give you.

Helldemon 32

If he fired the dude for taking leave because his wife has cancer you really think the boss would be professional enough to give a good recommendation?

Nice boss you have there.. But you need to chill out a bit (:

L0veh8te 0

YDI, You should have read it before you made an ass of yourself.

Colby_Colbert 0
alyssamarie218 0

that is why we READ papers on our desk, moron. sorry about your wife.

xNatsuki 0

You should have known what else pink represents.