By HousekeeperNoMore - 19/09/2009 21:04 - United States

Today, after being a stay-at-home mom and picking up after my kids for the past 15 years, I got a job rejection letter saying I wasn't qualified. It was a housekeeping position. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 625
You deserved it 4 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

roxi27 0

unless you sent pics of your immaculate house, how the heck are they supposed to know you're "qualified." Living @ home does not guarantee instant martha stewart

Well no shit. Even if you're the best housekeeper ever, self-taught skills and abilities don't count for anything as soon as you want someone to pay you. You need credentials.

Comments

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Um..it's not fyl or ydi..you aren't qualified..just because you can clean your own house and raise kids does not mean you're qualified to be a professional house cleaner..sorry to tell you

Don't you get bored of making generic sexist comments? I mean I enjoy the occasional trolling every now and then but seriously, this isn't even witty trolling.

So what? You've got to go to university for that now too? That sucks...

monnanon 13

you must have to because it was the only damn job i could get once i graduated lol

YDI for thinking that the employer would deem 15 years of cleaning after your kids a sign of good housekeeping experience, he cannot prove it and there is no standard, many people might have a different idea of what are good housecleaning qualities...

Barefoot and pregnant isn't much of a resume.

None of the trolling on this website is witty. These trolls are weak.

Unfortunately, personal home experience doesn't count for anything. The employer doesn't know that you have done this, and not even showing him your house would prove anything.

How does picking up after your kids make you in any way a qualified housekeeper? Heck, if you have kids, chances are you spent most of your time cleaning up their messes, not actually keeping a house clean the way one would pay to have it kept clean.

BikerMike 0

Employers are ****** up. When I graduated college, I sent a resume to this one company. I called a couple weeks later and asked them about my resume. The HR lady told me that they were looking for someone with a couple years experience. A couple months later the same company called me and was asking if I was interested in working with them. I must have somehow gained two years experience in those couple months sitting on my ass at home and drinking beer.

they probably kept your resume on file in case a junior position opened up.. probably required less experience but pays less...

You're basically like the fat chick at the bar. It's not that she's actually gotten any better looking, but now that it's closing time you come to realize that she looks good 'enough'.

Aww, I am sorry about that. I hope you have better luck in the future!