By badtiming - 03/03/2015 17:18 - Brazil - Rio De Janeiro

Today, I received a rejection letter from a job I desperately wanted. Yesterday, the job offer I'd been stalling on in while waiting for news about this one expired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 323
You deserved it 9 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should've just taken the job offer. At least then you would've had a job while you waited.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Comments

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

The smug smiley face makes the adage that much better

Now I finally understand that expression.

demonddm 24

Never stall on an offer. if you have a job offer that will pay the bills then dont wait for the dream job.

You can always quit a job if you get a job you like more. Apply for everything.

What if the other job required OP to sign a contract, binding her to that job for several years? If that's the case, I can see why OP would wait. Perhaps she can reapply?

Why not apply for both? Unless selection of you as the best candidate was contractually binding. But how often does that happen?

Should've just taken the job offer. At least then you would've had a job while you waited.

SkylaChristian 18

Sorry OP. That's a tough break. I hope you find another job soon.

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

You always accept the offer if you need it. Then if you get the other job, you can quit. If not, you still have a job! ?

19990231 29

Hindsight is 20-20. But you should have entertained to idea that you wouldn't get your dream job

yeeeah good luck with that one. should have just taken the job and if you got the other one leave the less important one. at least you would have been payed while waiting.

Shouldn't have stalled. You could always have quit if the better job offer came thru

Let's hope you learnt from this unfortunate incidence. Don't put all your eggs in one basket ?