By Username - 01/12/2010 03:39

Today, a customer at the store I work at asked me what kind of cake I would suggest for her husband's 50th birthday. I laughed and showed her the Grim Reaper cake. She burst into tears and explained that he has cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 121
You deserved it 62 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An Over The Hill cake would have been fine, but your store had to one up that with a Grim Reaper? Man, that sucks! At least you were doing your job well!

iTaylor 0

you know, in any other situation that would have been a good joke. you couldn't have known :/

Comments

BeRealz 0

19- Just image, some group whose is popular at your school. Jokes about your dead family, friends. How would you feel? So, you're the one who is a "bitch". For not thinking twice, based on logic and feelings of others. FYL for not thinking twice.

Carbonite2010 0

honestly, you guys need a ****** sense of humour!!! the op was only kidding, retards! I found it funny!!

TashaLenaKitty 0

Who gives a shit,it's not funny

Carbonite2010 0

just because you have the emotional/humour range of a toothpick, does not mean everyone else does, look at the good side of life and not just the negative doofus

It's funny if you aren't uptight :) I've had two family members die in the past 2 years from cancer and yes it's a ******* horrible disease but if they'd been in the cake shop, both would have laughed, said no thanks (or actually said yes for a laugh), and spared the employee the guilt and embarrassment by telling him WHY they said no. Some people are just more laid back than others. The OP was doing his job and the customer didn't have to put him in an awkward position but chose to anyway, so yea F his Life because he clearly feels bad.

hatepineapple 14
nommnom_fml 0

40- maybe someone who has cancer???

Chill out people. "Over the hill" has always been used for 40th birthdays, so why not "under the hill" at 50th? ::sarcasm:: Its an honest mistake, it happened at a supermarket. It's not like he drew a penis on the man's tombstone or anything. People are too offensive these days. This is why the legal system is backlogged with lawsuits with crap like peoples feeling and child-like attitudes. It was a cake of the grim reaper.

and why did the op post this fml? because she felt bad about it.

I hope you redirected her to a false hope cake.

you did nothing wrong. the woman should've bit her tongue.

You guys are idiots. It's common to joke about death and being old and incontinent, among other things for turning 50.

Have you got that one with strawberries inside?