By Username - 01/12/2010 03:39

Today, a customer at the store I work at asked me what kind of cake I would suggest for her husband's 50th birthday. I laughed and showed her the Grim Reaper cake. She burst into tears and explained that he has cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 121
You deserved it 62 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An Over The Hill cake would have been fine, but your store had to one up that with a Grim Reaper? Man, that sucks! At least you were doing your job well!

iTaylor 0

you know, in any other situation that would have been a good joke. you couldn't have known :/

Comments

you are a mother ****** you ass hole you jerk

The problem here is the OP is assuming the customer has the same sense of humor, which can be disastrous in some cases.

I called her a bitch because she called the OP a jerk, when clearly their comment to the cake-purchaser was in good fun. Many old farts (who well surpass 50) would think nothing of this. Us "North-Americans" really need to ******* relax. A good deal of people browse 4chan/b/ and then /gasp/ when people bring similar ideas up IRL. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

There's absolutely no way he could have known that a 50 year old man had cancer. I find the joke to be in good taste and appropriate given the information he know.

yeah ydi asshole. but I mean it was a joke. he couldn't know her man had cancer. if her man didn't have cancer she wuda laffed. everyone who has a sense of humor woulda laffed

QueenPersephone 9

You people need to lighten up. If I make it to 50, I hope the people who care about me have enough of a sense of humor to bring me a grim reaper cake. OP couldn't have known the guy was dying faster than the rest of us. Next time I would point out something less crude first, then causally mention the over the hill cake :)

not your fault her husband has cancer. we all die someday... some just sooner then others. I think it's good that we can poke fun at out own mortality, it helps to remember that we all have to go someday. so to all the people that are saying YDI... you suck. this person was just doing there job.

it was meant as a joke. It's not like she knew the lady's husband was dying. 50 really isn't all that old these days.. As for that cake.. Who wants a grim reaper cake anyway?