By Username - 01/12/2010 03:39

Today, a customer at the store I work at asked me what kind of cake I would suggest for her husband's 50th birthday. I laughed and showed her the Grim Reaper cake. She burst into tears and explained that he has cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 121
You deserved it 62 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An Over The Hill cake would have been fine, but your store had to one up that with a Grim Reaper? Man, that sucks! At least you were doing your job well!

iTaylor 0

you know, in any other situation that would have been a good joke. you couldn't have known :/

Comments

Noyes654 0

That's when you say "Sorry ma'am, honest mistake." and if she can't get over herself have her removed from the store. Ignore all these people calling you a bad person.

all you people are touchy little bitchs its a joke get over it maybe the person had cancer so what i woulda started laughing took the cake and walked out the door good job OP thumbs up :)

and i hope everyone who said "Your an ass hole. you jerk!" and anything mean to the OP ... gets cancer :D

iivann 0

u are the worst sales person!!!

You don't deserve it you didn't know so ya :/ hope you apologized though

kawigurl 0

too many ppl commenting here are too uptight and serious. doesnt anyone know that a grim reaper or over the hill type of stuff is common decor for a 50th bday?? op was trying to have a sense of humor and did nothing inconsiderate or asshole-ish. it was just unfortunate timing that the bday boy was dying. i feel bad for op, that must have been embarrasing & awkward.

Seriously, people? My mother just turned 50. You know what her friends did? They set up a walker on our porch and put cardboard tombstones on our front lawn. It's a joke. Most few people live past 50. The tombstones and the grim reaper are just supposed to be teasing ways of saying that you're getting old and over the hill. It's not the OP's fault. He/she didn't know that the husband had cancer, and as a few other people have said, a lot of other people would've found it funny.