Timing is everything

By -bird-poop- - 10/10/2009 12:52 - Germany

Today, I finally plucked up the courage to propose to my girlfriend of 7 months. I took her out to the park where we had our first kiss, I got down on one knee, and before I could say, "Will you marry me?" a bird shat on my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 013
You deserved it 7 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was a sign! Dont get married too early.

7 months? Ive had milk in my fridge longer than that. To early bro. Wait atleast a year more

Comments

You proposed after 7 months? You dumb ******, you're the reason why the divorce rate is 50%. YDI

at least she said yes. im assuming she did, cuz if she didnt, you would have added in the whole "she said no" thing ? ..

Yeah. I agree with everyone saying you are proposing WAAAYY too early.

I feel sorry for girls since proposals are usually surprises. Sure, maybe they want to get married to their boyfriend some day. But if he's an idiot that proposes after 5 months when she wants to wait maybe 2 years or so, she has to say no to his proposal, and sometimes that ruins a relationship.

wait, call me crazy, but you hadn't even kissed before you asked her to marry you?? In 7 months no kiss, that seems a little odd

He said he took her to the park where he had first kissed her (meaning a long time ago). Not that they first kissed in the park during the proposal.

ah my mistake, i read it wrong. f me right?

Haha, easy mistake to make. You're not alone.

Bgreat09 0

WELL AT LEAST SHE SAID YES RIGHT????

At least it makes for a good proposal story...for her...

@ #27: You should take into account they are from the earlier generation where getting a divorce is like committing a ******* federal offense, so... even if they weren't happy they couldn't have done anything about it. They may have just dealt with it and learned to love each other. But who knows, maybe they really do love each other and it's one of those extremely RARE cases of "true love." But, you're wrong on one account: It DOES matter how long you have known the person for the majority of the population. Have you seen the statistics on divorce these days?

um 35 not necessarily at all. i have a set of grandparents that are divorced. nobody their age has freaked out and called them sinners in the 40 years since...

7 months? thats a bit early for marriage.

kmfyr 0

Damn! Why did I have to propose indoors!?!?!

Aww, come on, the roof could've always caved in on you. You're just unlucky. :)

Those damn sturdy roofs. I wish there to be meteorites if some guy ever attempts to propose to me. I can only hope he'll have enough common sense to write it in as an FML as well.

Hahaha. Agreed. Maybe a lightning bolt will just suddenly come right through the wall and hit him, knocking him out.

bloodsis16 0

your gf must have laughed her head off! Anyway I heard it's Good Luck in Chinese traditions. Once I was coming out of my car after parking it under a tree and a bird shat on my head and shoulder. My grandma took it as good luck and actually won a jackpot few days later!