Timing is everything

By -bird-poop- - 10/10/2009 12:52 - Germany

Today, I finally plucked up the courage to propose to my girlfriend of 7 months. I took her out to the park where we had our first kiss, I got down on one knee, and before I could say, "Will you marry me?" a bird shat on my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 013
You deserved it 7 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was a sign! Dont get married too early.

7 months? Ive had milk in my fridge longer than that. To early bro. Wait atleast a year more

Comments

7 months? Ive had milk in my fridge longer than that. To early bro. Wait atleast a year more

THE BIRD SHAT IS AN OMEN!!! DON'T DO IT!

That's good luck man lol, don't look at it as a bad thing.

nikki1001 0

For a successful marriage, it is actually said you should wait at least 2 yrs before proposing. Doesn't mean it's true for everyone, but believe me, I've seen the result of peope who get engaged before 2 yrs. They never even made it to the alter. That being said, I've been with my bf almost 3 yrs and we're still not engaged. You are moving waaaaaay too fast, bro. Try living together first, too. Sometimes, that also shows you that there's no way you're ready to get married.

nikki1001 0

I read that too, tbh. But I also know that if you don't, and then you get married and live together, some people find they can't live together at all and end up divorcing because of it. At least if you're not married yet and find out you can't live together, it's easier.

Rawwrness 3

my grandmother got proposed to on her 2nd date. she said yes and she was 17. and now they have been married for 33 years and already have a great-granddaughter.

33 years married with a great granddaughter? Talk about teen pregnancy alert, way to raise a sexually responsible family.

Yeah... I mean, unless they had a 30 something year engagement, having a great grandchild at 50(ish, assuming maybe a year or two for the engagement) would be ridiculous. Did she have her kid at 17? And then her kid had a kid at 17? No, even then it wouldn't really be possible. Jeez.

AntiChrist7 0

7 months? Be gratefull to that bird

Bwahahaha! See the sign! Ace of Base is never wrong!

my grandparents got married two months after they met each other. it's been forty years and they're still together, happy and loving each other more than ever doesn't matter how long you know the person, at all.

bassist3415 8

not that long ago, people actually tried to fix a relationship with minor issues instead of throwing it away completely.

timba 0

7 months? I've known people whose shitty high school romances have lasted longer than that... I think the bird wanted to tell you that you're going a little too fast there...

bugmenotmofo 34

DUDE...! 7 Months!...DUDE...! Usually, it's the women who are really desperate to get married...go and build a shrine for that bird, it might have saved you a "no" as an answer.