Timing is everything

By -bird-poop- - 10/10/2009 12:52 - Germany

Today, I finally plucked up the courage to propose to my girlfriend of 7 months. I took her out to the park where we had our first kiss, I got down on one knee, and before I could say, "Will you marry me?" a bird shat on my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 013
You deserved it 7 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was a sign! Dont get married too early.

7 months? Ive had milk in my fridge longer than that. To early bro. Wait atleast a year more

Comments

elmyra_duff 0

Hey, in many eastern cultures this means GOOD LUCK!! I'm not kidding. in many cultures, if a bird ***** in your head(since it's very unusual), you should go and buy a lottery ticket. a lot of people believe this brings good luck in that lottery. true or not, i think it doesn't hurt to buy a small lottery ticket :)

I know 7 months seems a little early but maybe they are just crazy about each other. for those of you in Australia would have heard something about Australia's Perfect Couple tv show. the couple that won were this good looking couple that got married after 8 months and at time of show were married for 3 years and counting. I hope it works out well for OP.

habesjn 0

7 months? Seriously? Are you in a hurry? That's still the infatuation stage.

dspadres 0

OMG OMG OMG 7 MONTHS!!!1 wtfzomgbbq roflcopter!! Holy f*cking shit that's way too early!!1! The 7 months thing isn't the issue here. It's the fact that the guy got shit on while trying to propose to the woman he loves. Proposing is stressful enough. Getting crapped on and ending up looking like an idiot doesn't help. Who really gives a shit if it was after 7 months? I don't get why everyone is flipping out about that number.

ihatestupidppl 0

Wow, I didn't realize so many relationship experts had FML accounts. Seriously, every relationship is different. Since I haven't been living under a rock, yes, I've seen the 50% divorce statistics. Maybe these people have known each other for a very long time, not just the 7 months they've been "officially dating". Maybe they're at a point in their lives where they are ready for the commitment and they believe they wanna make that commitment to each other. As for that 50% of marriages that fell apart...do you really think ALL those people got engaged "too early"? Come on now.

freddie_fml 0

You realize you now have the most awesome engagement story ever, right?

7 months for a 1st kiss? WTF? YDI just for taking so long.

Um, he didn't take 7 months for a first kiss. He took her BACK to the place they HAD their first kiss at so he could propose, because that place had meaning to them. God.

ChronicFAIL 0

okay. dumbass. he took her back to where they had their first kiss. get it right.

for the ppl who keep commenting on taking so long for a first kiss, u are stupid. he took her 2 the park where they had their first kiss to propose. idiots! how hard is that to understand?!

Rick_S 3

My godparents were engaged after 2 weeks, and were happily married until the day he died decades later. If it's right, it's right. What gets me is the 7 months and the first kiss thing. You waited 7 months to kiss your gf? Then, after that first kiss, you wanted to propose. The only more extreme example of something like this was when the oldest Duggard got married. He didn't hold hands with his gf until he proposed, then didn't kiss her until "You may kiss the bride."

Jenspaztic 0

the OP means ( i hope ) that one they're after seven months they wend to the park WHERE THEY HAD THEIR 1STK KISS AT A PREVIOUS TIME. not he waited 7 months kissed her once then proposed.

Are you that dumb? That is the park where they had their first kiss, he didn't just kiss her, wowww your smart.

um, he had his first kiss at that spot....they had been together for 7months and now he's proposing, not they kissed after 7 months. funny thing is someone else on this post read that wrong. Bird poop is supposed to be good luck mate, so maybe it was a positive sign.

Rick_S 3

Smart enough to know that "your" means that something belongs to "you", as in "your bad grammar makes you look like an idiot."

jasonvschris 0

a bird shatting on your head is good luck! I hope you asked her anyway