Timing is everything

By -bird-poop- - 10/10/2009 12:52 - Germany

Today, I finally plucked up the courage to propose to my girlfriend of 7 months. I took her out to the park where we had our first kiss, I got down on one knee, and before I could say, "Will you marry me?" a bird shat on my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 013
You deserved it 7 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was a sign! Dont get married too early.

7 months? Ive had milk in my fridge longer than that. To early bro. Wait atleast a year more

Comments

awwwwwhhhh ignore the doodoo yourrr cuteeeee!

VictoriaLoveless 0

I'm 16, so is my fiance, and he proposed to me after we were going out for 7 months. You usually know if your gonna marry the person. We're gonna wait till we're 21 tho to get married. We don't live near each other, so our relationship has escalated to where it feels like we've been going out for years, instead of only 14 months. It doesn't matter how long you've been dating, it's knowing you fell in love with the person to actually commit that responsiblity to get married.

"You usually know if you're gonna marry the person." That was a dumb statement. You're 16. How many guys have you dated and married/not married? lol.

Wow. You're 16 years old in a long-distance relationship and you're engaged. Have you ever even MET this person? I've been in a long-distance relationship before so I can't judge on that but you sound like the stupid typical LDR teenager... "We don't live near each other, so our relationship has escalated to where it feels like we've been going out for years, instead of only 14 months." - That doesn't even make SENSE... *shakes head* This website renews my deep-seeded hatred for humanity in general...

It's definitely a memorable proposal. And best of luck.

I'm going to throw in a crazy statement here for you all to get worked up about: It's not about how long you've known each other, it's not about the butterflies you feel when you're together, because that passes. It's about making a commitment to each other. When you go into a marriage, you have to know that there will be times when you wonder why you ever married the other person, when you can't think of any reason why you're together. This will happen whether you get engaged after 3 years or 3 months. But you're in it together, for better and for worse, and that's what matters. You made a promise to each other, and if you both honour the commitment, it doesn't matter how long you've known each other.

first kiss.. and then u ask her to marry u? a little fast if u ask me.

No, it's really not. If you actually read the damn thing, it said "girlfriend of 7 months".

TrAnMu 0

You had been dating for 7 months and just had you first kiss?

tiffany1018 0

u guys are idiots. they didnt just have their first kiss.. THATS WHERE THEY HAD THEIR FIRST KISS DOUCHES!! ugh

LOLOLOOLOOLOOOLOOOLOOOOLOOOOLOOOOOLOOOOOLOOOOOOLOOOOOOL!!!!!!