Thievery

By ExtemelyBroke - 06/06/2009 02:24 - United States

Today, I checked my bank account that I've been saving money in since I was a kid for college. I have $100 left out of the $10,000 I had last month. Apparently my parents thought buying a pool and an HDTV for themselves was more important than my college education. FML
I agree, your life sucks 131 710
You deserved it 6 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue. Sure, they're your parents, but God, being inconsiderate like that. It's your future.

That really ought to be illegal. You get screwed if your parents don't meet their financial aid obligations for your education, so there should be some legal requirement for your parents to meet those obligations.

Comments

It's time to shoot for that swimming scholarship. Haha. Good luck.

wow, real harsh... i have my own bank account, but i know my parents wouldn't do that anyway, but , really, you must have been so pisse*. sucks to be you right now ;/

sengiv 0

Your parents are pieces of shit.

#51, student loan is how just about everyone that isn't a spoiled American brat or upper class rich snob pays for their higher education. -.- Also, I think this is a shit FML. If your parents are able to take money out of your account and you haven't gone away to college yet, you're under 18. If you're under 18, there's no way in **** that you saved up 10k of your own money. In short, it's your parent's money and always has been, and I really don't know why you're whinging. Man the **** up and pay for your own damn education.

#7, in most states, anyone under 18 needs a co-sign on their account. #78, you sir are a ******* dumbass. Obviously, YOU are a spoiled american brat. When I was 13, with no expenses I made 5k a year. It's called working. This OP could easily have that money under 18. Some of us don't hate our parents and dont run right away to take them off our accounts, sorry you hate your parents. On top of all this, any smart parent would help their child through college. not only do they get a shitload of tax benefits from the government, they stand to gain plenty from having a well educated child. Helping them through college will also allow them to build a strong relationship with their kid. Basically, #78, I'm telling you to shut the **** up. OP, sue your parents if it was all your money. Even if it was given to you by your parents. If it was in your account for your education, it shows that they are negligent.

mehwhateverr 0

Bitches! Was that ALL your money? Damn, I'd be so pissed.

kill your ******* parents. stab them good.