Thievery

By ExtemelyBroke - 06/06/2009 02:24 - United States

Today, I checked my bank account that I've been saving money in since I was a kid for college. I have $100 left out of the $10,000 I had last month. Apparently my parents thought buying a pool and an HDTV for themselves was more important than my college education. FML
I agree, your life sucks 131 710
You deserved it 6 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue. Sure, they're your parents, but God, being inconsiderate like that. It's your future.

That really ought to be illegal. You get screwed if your parents don't meet their financial aid obligations for your education, so there should be some legal requirement for your parents to meet those obligations.

Comments

FurrTrap 0

Take legal advice! Rotten parents...

Ouch. Hopefully u aren't planning to go to a bog time place. That sucks. Ur parents r crazy selfish jerks who steal their son's college money.

If it was actually your money as you say, throw that little bit of into in their faces, because it means that the pool and TV are rightfully yours because your money payed for it. Since you can't really take the pool when you walk out, demand that they pay you back.

noshitsherlock 0

CREATE YOUR OWN PRIVATE BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!! Now that you know you can't trust those animals.

Thecloak 0

Can't sue them, because technically it IS their money, though what they did was horrible. I'd just get a student loan, have them cosign and take the t.v. if you're moving into a dorm or just out of the house.

sunshine2940 0

People shouldn't be saying they deserve it...He trusted his parents, most people do. How was he to know they would take their money like that? That's a really messed up thing for your parents to do...and #38, that's just ridiculous. Obviously if they'll steal 10K from their child, they aren't the best of parents.

Make them cosign your student loans if you can't get a scholarship and move far, far away from those morons just as soon as you can.

First off, #10s a moron, student loans are the worst way to pay for college and should be your last resort, you'll be stuck paying it back for years, sue your parents for it, but if you do I hope you don't plan on livin with them while your in college