Thievery

By ExtemelyBroke - 06/06/2009 02:24 - United States

Today, I checked my bank account that I've been saving money in since I was a kid for college. I have $100 left out of the $10,000 I had last month. Apparently my parents thought buying a pool and an HDTV for themselves was more important than my college education. FML
I agree, your life sucks 131 710
You deserved it 6 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue. Sure, they're your parents, but God, being inconsiderate like that. It's your future.

That really ought to be illegal. You get screwed if your parents don't meet their financial aid obligations for your education, so there should be some legal requirement for your parents to meet those obligations.

Comments

Make sure you use their retirement fund on a round the world trip (first class of course) and a new laptop computer ;-)

christopherlove 0

You think a college education would be great, but have you WATCHED HDTV? It's pretty impressive. And having a private pool is awesome. Who needs an education when you have a POOL?

38, im sure its not easy raising a family and sure you should respect your parents but at the same time if 2 people decide to have a family they should know what comes with it. If you CHOOSE to have kids its your own decision and its your job to give them food and clothes while theyre under your care. So pretty much to all the whining parents out there- suck it up coz YDI. If this kid worked hard for their own money only to have it taken away you can see why there is so much resentment between kids and parents nowadays.

Have _you_ been saving money there or was it mostly your parents who put the money there? And if you're over 18 why do they still have access to your bank account? Anyway, FYL.

Throw the HDTV into the pool. Then sue.

Dfizzysgurl13 0

Are you serious???? Omg that sucks I'm so sorry

Maybe they know you wouldnt make it and thought it would be better to spend the money on something that would.

The bright side: You can take a nice HGTV with you to college and will be very popular. Hope they plan on paying you back though if that really was 100% your money.

I call bullshit. A pool is more than 20k and an hdtv is like 3k for a good one. FYL if that is actually true