The worst

By Anonymous - 17/06/2016 07:04 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I was buried in texts from two of my bridesmaids about how much they hated their dresses. Dresses they helped pick. I can either be a bridezilla, put up with this for 4 more months, or ruin two friendships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 764
You deserved it 1 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TordNorski 30

It's YOUR special day, not theirs.

You should remind them about how they helped pick out dresses they hate. I say be "bridezilla" in the sense that you're not going to change something just because they don't like it. It's your special day, not theirs.

Comments

Tell them if they hated them so much they should have raised more objections at the time - it's too late now, and it's definitely not unreasonable for you to ask them to stick with the choice, particularly if you've already paid! If they keep complaining then engage definitely engage Bridezilla mode!

100% be a bridezilla. If they are true friends they will suck it up. This is YOUR day, its not about them. If you like the dress, too bad for them.

Tell them that the day of speak now or forever hold your peace was on dress shopping day. They didn't speak up then so now it's time for them to hold their tongues.

Traditionally the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses so as long as they are wiling to pay the costs, I would. 1: ask the other bridesmaids what they think. 2: find out what it is they don't like about the dress 3: look for any ideas to alter the dresses to make them better 4: try to find new dresses for them as long as they are willing to pay for them 5: make sure they understand that this is your wedding not theirs and that if you can't find a reasonable solution they are going to have to choose between the dress or the friendship.

Hating the dresses is almost a requirement of being a bridesmaid, even if they logically shouldn't in this case. I say be a bridezilla, just in the sense that it's your day and they can deal with it for what will only amount to a few hours.

Why should OP have to give up having a beautiful wedding just because her 'friends' are being a couple of dumbasses?

if they don't like the dresses then maybe the idiots should get ones ..

Superbaker123 14

Tell them tough shit. This is your wedding, not theirs.

Be a bridezilla tell them to stfu it's not about them it's about you it's your day your special moment remind them that they helped pick them if they don't want to be in the wedding party well having less two annoying ass bridesmaids won't change the outcome of the wedding...

Its your wedding not theres. In no way would you be bridezilla especially since they helped pick the dresses out. If they want to be that way then they aren't worth having in the wedding. For my wedding in February it didn't work for one of my bridesmaid's and instead changing the day i changed the venue and only invited 20 people instead of 50. Then again February 29 only comes around every 4 years. Congratulations on your special day and i hope it works out