The worst

By Anonymous - 17/06/2016 07:04 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I was buried in texts from two of my bridesmaids about how much they hated their dresses. Dresses they helped pick. I can either be a bridezilla, put up with this for 4 more months, or ruin two friendships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 764
You deserved it 1 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TordNorski 30

It's YOUR special day, not theirs.

You should remind them about how they helped pick out dresses they hate. I say be "bridezilla" in the sense that you're not going to change something just because they don't like it. It's your special day, not theirs.

Comments

Sounds like they're the ones about to ruin the friendship

I completely understand OP. I had to go through the same thing, only they were my future sister-in-laws. Eventually I just had to put my foot down and say this is the dress. Don't compromise OP!

Friend of mine had her two abnoxious cousins try to dominate the 9 bridesmaids' dress design (plunging neck/back/slit, they wanted it all), and refuse to wear a classic design. she just un-bridesmaided them both. Threaten to do the same and see how they react.

You need to remind them the day is about you and your SO. Who cares what they think.

Ugh I never will understand why bridesmaids can't just be happy for the bride and not make her stress. If they were there to choose the dress and didn't say anything then they need to deal with it or not be part of the bridal party. You don't need the stress. Be a bridezilla if they keep acting up.

I got married December, 2014. I had three bridesmaids of different body types. I picked a color from David's Bridal and let them pick the shape of their choice in the color I chose for them. I know this won't solve all problems but most of my friends did the same when they got married. No hurt feelings and I got them great discounts on their dresses. Hope this helps.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Tell them if they're going to be petty, you will find new bridesmaids. Your wedding is about you and your partner and if they are incapable of behaving themselves and being good friends, then they can be uninvited. If they think that's unreasonable and want to end the friendship because of it, that's their problem.

Hell NO. If they helped picked them then t the time they should have spoken up now they can deal with it. Or put in the costs themselves and buy others themselves that you all like

You're not being a bridezilla if you call them out on being bratty about dresses they picked themselves. At the end of the day it's about you and your soon-to-be husband. I'm sure they can put up with wearing these dresses for 12 hours, and if not you can either pull them out of the bridal party or let them buy their own.

born_hustla 26

It's your freaking marriage. They walk it or walk off!