By chumpslolo - 25/07/2013 10:55 - United States - Vandalia

Today, my sister backed out of my wedding because it was becoming too much about me. After I begged her to reconsider, I had no choice but to pick a new bridesmaid. When my new bridesmaid posted on Facebook how excited she was, my sister commented, "See, you made HER feel special." FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 592
You deserved it 3 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

feldco1 17

Wow what a drama queen. It's YOUR day OP so forget her and congrats!

She doesn't deserve to be in the wedding then, OP.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And people wonder why we have Grammar Nazi's on here.

Lol, I'm not always like that! Also, Nazis* Or, uh, maybe I am always on about grammar! XD

My mistake. And I was just pointing out that people shouldn't wonder why people correct grammar on here when so many people have shitty grammar. Myself included in this case, I suppose. :)

Maybe I just wanted to say you are sisters crazy

64- Maybe, but I have a hunch you didn't mean to at all.

ILoveMyArm 15

Not only crazy but in desperate need for attention.

Op it's your wedding. It should be about you And your partner.

#71 ouch, dwas dat hunch hurt? Do u need oinkment 4 it err shumting ?

110- now your just being stupid. Okay- now read that four times in a row and tell me that seeing it doesn't make you want to burn out your retinas.

116 - It doesn't make me want to burn out my retinas. What? You didn't say we couldn't lie.

feldco1 17

Wow what a drama queen. It's YOUR day OP so forget her and congrats!

Damned_Architect 25

Hey there, I think you blocked me by accident....

Your wedding is all about you so don't let her make you feel bad OP. Your sister not being part of your bridal party is a blessing, I promise. Congrats!

@44 Maybe you were being a bit to clingy for her, or rapey... Maybe, she's a minor. Why don't you take a seat over there, 44.

I'm sorry OP, I recently got married 4 months ago, it took almost two years of planning, and I went through a few bridesmaids. I told them to begin with: I love you, but it's my day. I want you to be there for me, and I want you to have a great time. But, this is about me and my honey, no drama allowed. Half way through my Sister in Law from a siblings marriage, decided that she didn't get a "real" wedding because she got married at the court house, and started to use all my bridal show outings as if she was the one to get married. When we went to my family to plan and discuss, we literally took up hours of her talking about, her wedding that would be coming up "soon". I was told by my brother, her husband, to play along because she just wanted to dream, everyone agreed with him. I soon couldn't handle it when people told me congrats and she said thank you. The last straw was a few when she told everyone I was controlling her, and that I demanded her not to talk about her wedding. I just asked nicely, yes nicely (I hate real life confrontation, especially with family members, and often will cry from anxiety if I have to face any arguments) for her to not take my wedding magazines and talking about her wedding while we're planning mine. Thankfully, she waited to announce her pregnancy after we had gotten back from our honeymoon. I'm very happy for her, and I'm making her some booties for her little boy that is due in oct. I don't hate her, and I know she isn't evil, she's just...well, a girl. A girl that didn't get what she wanted and wanted to relive it, even in a fantasy world. No one else was as bad, just bad/uncontrollable things happened in there life and they couldn't be as involved in my big day as they wanted, and they all came to the wedding. :) Sorry for the long rant, I'm just saying that your sister is just jealous, and soon you'll be jealous as her. Just be the bigger person and don't let the jealousy spoil the happiness you could be feeling for her. She shouldn't be treating you that way, and I hope you have beautiful wedding and a wonderful, and happy marriage.

She doesn't deserve to be in the wedding then, OP.

She'd probably ruin it anyway, don't feel bad OP!

Okay, your sister needs to back down! She needs to learn that it's your day, since you're the bride!!

DyslexicPanda 12

Just offer to be one of her bridesmaids and do the same to her on her special day.

Your me-first sister needs to get the idiot smacked out of her.

GuessWhatKids 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Metal_Chick 15

Are you "that sister" in your family?

Um...I do not think you understood was I was saying. I was begging the OP to "tell" her sister "about herself" i.e. not let this become water under the bridge to avoid the confrontation. I want her to explain graphically to her selfish brat of a sister how rude and selfish and immature and loathsome she is acting. It's a pretty commonly used phrase where I live; I didn't realize it would mystify the FML community! And I am most certainly *not* "that" sister; I'm a classic middle child.

RedPillSucks 31

Call me crazy, but unless you're being a total Bridezilla, it is YOUR wedding. It kinda IS about you.

And the soon-to-be husband's role later in life...why does everyone forget about the guy?

Let the self-absorbed bitch stew. She's daft if she thinks a wedding would be about anyone but the bride and groom.

Llama_Face89 33

Dude we all know the wedding is all about the bride. We're just along for the ride really. XD

Unless two men are getting married. My sister had no interest in a big wedding and wanted to elope. It was her current husband who wanted to have the church, flowers, etc. so that his mother would be happy.

If she is going to be acting like that, don't even feel bad about it. It's your day and she shouldn't be making it about her. Sorry OP