The worst

By Anonymous - 17/06/2016 07:04 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I was buried in texts from two of my bridesmaids about how much they hated their dresses. Dresses they helped pick. I can either be a bridezilla, put up with this for 4 more months, or ruin two friendships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 764
You deserved it 1 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TordNorski 30

It's YOUR special day, not theirs.

You should remind them about how they helped pick out dresses they hate. I say be "bridezilla" in the sense that you're not going to change something just because they don't like it. It's your special day, not theirs.

Comments

Sorry but these girls are not your friends. It's your day, not theirs and they shouldn't be acting like spoiled brats.

why is it bridezilla if you stand your ground? One sentance to them: MY DAY! BE HAPPY OR STAY HOME. Block their texts and numbers if they continue and stop negotiating.

Ms_Monster 6

I think you should just calmly let them know that they helped to pick them out, and they should've spoken up before purchasing them.

Kowabunga3 2

This day is not about them. They had a chance to give input earlier when they helped pick out the dresses. Their window of opportunity is now closed. They absolutely need to grow a pair and deal with it. Every other bridesmaid ever has done the same. And if they are willing to give up your friendship over a dress, then they were never good friends in the first place.

You don't deserve friends that leave you over bridesmaid dresses. If they do, maybe you shouldn't be friends with them in the first place.

It's okay at least you don't have to deal with a monster in law. All my future mother in law can say about my wedding is how it's an embarrassment and ruining her reputation. She refuses to be a part of the wedding as well. She has already had a fight with my mother about how it's her fault because my parent's are paying for the wedding. I'm also getting married in 4 months.

You should pick the dresses you love most. If they are genuine friends, they will wear them on your most special day. Or call me; I'll wear it. Your wedding day should be all about you and your soon-to-be husband. Everyone else is an accessory.

I hate the color of my dress, but I never said a word to anyone else in the bridal party. Sure, I bitched to all hell to my parents and friends, but no one else in the wedding. It's not my day!

Sounds like you wouldn't be really losing out if you lost these two geniuses as friends.

and when I say I wouldn't want bridesmaids people look at me like I'm weird.