The worst

By Anonymous - 17/06/2016 07:04 - United States - Bellingham

Today, I was buried in texts from two of my bridesmaids about how much they hated their dresses. Dresses they helped pick. I can either be a bridezilla, put up with this for 4 more months, or ruin two friendships. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 764
You deserved it 1 190

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TordNorski 30

It's YOUR special day, not theirs.

You should remind them about how they helped pick out dresses they hate. I say be "bridezilla" in the sense that you're not going to change something just because they don't like it. It's your special day, not theirs.

Comments

Basically I'd politely remind them that they chose them and it's only one day out of their lives. I'd also throw in that planning a wedding is stressful so maybe they could please be respectful of that and not stress you out more over something so silly. Remind them that it's going to be a great day and they should just focus on enjoying it.

You could give them colour swatches and say they're welcome to buy themselves a dress they prefer within a set amount of time? That's if you're okay with not controlling it. It's unfair of them to make you deal with this, agreeing to be a bridesmaids usually means agreeing to letting the bride dress you in something not to your taste, as long as it isn't uncomfortable!

It's not being a bridezilla to tell them to suck it up and put up with the choice. It's your day and if they can't get over their own egos for long enough to help you celebrate they don't deserve to be in the wedding party.

anlong93 9

It drives me bonkers when bridesmaids tell the bride "no" about something like a dress. Unless it's seriously overpriced, just get the freaking dress. It's not about the bridesmaids.

Looking "ugly" for a friend is a small sacrifice they should stop being selfish

Coming from another bride, it's your day not theirs, they should feel honored you want them in it and if they don't, they don't need to be in it. If that makes you a bridezilla then screw it be a bridezilla.

I have been in five weddings and two quinceñeras. None of those were mine. Do you know how many of those dresses I liked? One. Do you know how many times I bitched and moaned to the lady of the day? ZERO! You won't be bridezilla, you may ruin a couple of friendships, but don't put up with it. They don't have the manners to suck it up and help you then they can suck it up and get the hell out.

stevenbro 6

Ok, I'm a guy, but this whole wedding/industrial complex is out of control. Invite some friends and family to get together someplace, have a blessing or something, and then a fun party. Everything else is just ego and money into other people's pockets. Save your money for a house or student loans or something worthwhile.

Justice of the Peace! No stress, no hassles, and cheap!

We spent the majority of our budget on our honeymoon to Rome. You have given awesome advice!

If they fall out with you to a degree that the friendship is over, all because of a dress that's for YOUR wedding, then that's ridiculous. If it was my friend I would wear whatever made her happy!

Just to clarify, I meant if it was my friend's wedding I would wear whatever made the bride happy :)