Thanks mom, you're the best

By prego - 30/04/2009 02:03 - United States

Today, I called my mom into my room to ask her to bring me something. She referred to me as a "lazy fat slug." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was put on emergency bedrest by my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 844
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom's rude! She definitely shouldn't say that to you!

laurisshnazzy 0

Or her mother could have been at her house because she was placed on bedrest and needs someone to take care of her. Good lord, people.

Comments

keo629 0

#22,31,35. wow, thanks so much for being the authority on pregnancy.... -_- 40 WEEKS is when ob's WANT the little one coming out, yes you are considered pre term as of 36/37 weeks but that doesnt mean we up and yank the baby out... it just means the baby has developed well enought to survive supremely well outside of his/her mother's womb. we generally induce for 3 reasons... pre-existing conditions that may make a naturally developing labor pattern risky, conditions developed during the pregnancy such as preeclampsia which will also make the natural flow of labor dangerous to mother and child, and when a mom is past her due date (anywhere from one to two weeks is the general rule- otherwise baby will become too large) basically there's no reason her "im 38 weeks and on bedrest claim" is a farce. kthanks.

MissNat_fml 0

**** my life having to read 90% of comments that are BS on this fml.... op fyl and hope u and the baby are well now. know what thats like.. mum to a 2 year old... omg OMG i am soon to be 20... guess what.... i got pregnant at 17!! had him at 18!!! and in no way am i ****... he was my first. still with the guy, been together 4 years.. so stfu all u ignorant people.

fuckducks 0

tell her if u keep acting like a ****** bitch. ur baby won't have a grandma...

hey, i had to walk 13 flights of stairs up and down for11 hours a day with two, five gallon buckets of Gravel base while i was 7 months pregnant with m'y son in 39 degree heat.suck it up... now im back to m'y normal self because i had stayed in shape m'y whole life

nessalujin 0

That is really rude! She should respect you way more.

tiftif567 0

couldn't you just say 9 months pregnant?

I don't know how your mom meant it... but I'm saddened with the knowledge that my mom would say the same thing...

bluerainbow 0

This one all depends on your age OP - if you're an adult whose mother has come to stay with you while you're on bedrest, then your mom shouldn't have spoken to you like that (though it's not as if she's obligated to look after you, so perhaps you should consider whether you're being too demanding of her?). If you're a teenager who still lives at home, you have no business being pregnant in the first place, and I don't blame your mother at all for losing her temper/patience with you.

Really people? 40 weeks is 10 months, count it out. Besides, no Dr will put someone who is 38 weeks on bedrest. They'd admit you & deliver your baby.