Thanks, I hate it!

By thebabysitter - 14/08/2009 07:34 - United States

Today, I just got done watching my cousin's two kids for four days while they were on vacation. I fed, clothed, and bathed them for four days of hell and got paid with a $5 shark tooth necklace from the Bahamas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 992
You deserved it 5 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're family doesn't mean they can **** you like that. They had the money for the Bahamas, so they have the money to pay you for your work.

You mean you agreed to babysit for free (or without discussing payment), and they brought back a sharktooth necklace from the giftshop ?? I seriously doubt the souvenir was a form of payment, but perhaps next time you discuss payment ahead of time? Family usually screws you over more than strangers.

Comments

y dont u tell them about the hell u went through and tell them to give u more. i watch my cousins to, but not for 4 days- thats just crazy.

lesson learned, don't babysit for them again.

I think the only FML part of the story is that HE is a male and he got a necklace... unless you're a fag... haha, that's an FML too... ******. Go wear your fag necklace with pride!

...huh..i am not sure if you are trolling or just being an idiot that needs to be taken out of the gene pool.

I watch my nephews all the time and expect nothing in return, you help family they help you. I usually get offered dinner though. Now you've learned that next time you need to discuss the arrangement a little more, most of the time families do not think of things in business terms they just think of it as a favor.

YDI for being a pussy, im 13 and I have 4 younger siblings under the age of 8 and my older brother is mentally retarded, I watch them all every day for most of the day because Im homeschooled and my parents are ******* lazy when they get home from work

Lichinamo 33

That's not right. A teenager taking care of four young kids and a mentally retarded one? I don't think that's fairly ethical

stop complaining, theyre your family youre not supposed to take money from them, i spend lots of hours helping out my cousins with computer problems and i dont get paid a dime for it but you dont see me complaining.

thats different you retard. his family is being selfish for not paying the man for doing a job. we're talking 4 DAYS of babysitting. cheap assholes

honeyishrnkdakid 2

Um, sometimes it is appropriate to charge family members for things. I agree that helping cousins out with computer problems is not something you ask for or expect money for. I don't even think babysitting for a day or two is something you ask for money for. But I do think babysitting for FOUR DAYS is something you should get something for. I mean, presumably OP does have a life. And the cousins should have the decency to acknowledge that, I mean if they can afford a trip to the Bahamas, they can afford to compensate him for his time, energy, and hellish experience.

honeyishrnkdakid 2

I get so sick of people using family as an excuse to screw people over. Family doesn't mean you get to get taken advantage of.

honeyishrnkdakid 2

I only say YDI because you should have negotiated money beforehand. Sorry that happened :-(

Ok, unless they told you from the beginning that you were going to be paid – this isn’t a FML, just you being a selfish ass. It’s family - you help family out without expecting anything in return.

I agree. If you expect to be paid, make sure you express that intention before they settle on you.