Thanks, I hate it!

By thebabysitter - 14/08/2009 07:34 - United States

Today, I just got done watching my cousin's two kids for four days while they were on vacation. I fed, clothed, and bathed them for four days of hell and got paid with a $5 shark tooth necklace from the Bahamas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 992
You deserved it 5 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're family doesn't mean they can **** you like that. They had the money for the Bahamas, so they have the money to pay you for your work.

You mean you agreed to babysit for free (or without discussing payment), and they brought back a sharktooth necklace from the giftshop ?? I seriously doubt the souvenir was a form of payment, but perhaps next time you discuss payment ahead of time? Family usually screws you over more than strangers.

Comments

22cute 17

you need to firmly establish your price & negoatiate BEFORE you begin the job. I'm sorry it happened but YDI, unfortunately. It's a good lesson learned, I hope.

Sharktooth necklace sounds cool, though. I want one.

luvpuppy 13

Just got done? I am really beginning to question your grammar.

Just ask them weeks down the road if the scar shows on the oldest. Then drop the subject.

1. It's family. You do it because family is always there for each other 2. They actually got you something so stop being so selfish

You're family. I'd expect they'd do the same for your kids....Or pets, whatever. Why should you get payment? Although I do think at least they could've given you a little something to buy food for the kids; I would've. But there shouldn't really be a charge for the service of looking after the kids.

bleedingglitter 24

Never babysit for family without hashing something out first. They will always **** you over.

Family are the people you're supposed to impose yourself upon, they took that advice

I'm guessing you didn't discuss payment beforehand. that sucks but hopefully you've learned.