Thanks, I hate it!

By thebabysitter - 14/08/2009 07:34 - United States

Today, I just got done watching my cousin's two kids for four days while they were on vacation. I fed, clothed, and bathed them for four days of hell and got paid with a $5 shark tooth necklace from the Bahamas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 992
You deserved it 5 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're family doesn't mean they can **** you like that. They had the money for the Bahamas, so they have the money to pay you for your work.

You mean you agreed to babysit for free (or without discussing payment), and they brought back a sharktooth necklace from the giftshop ?? I seriously doubt the souvenir was a form of payment, but perhaps next time you discuss payment ahead of time? Family usually screws you over more than strangers.

Comments

wow, i don't know what your relationship is with your cousins but where I come from we do these things for each other because that's what family is there for. We don't bitch that we didn't get paid and we don't expect to get paid either. Besides...if you were expecting compensation you should have made that cleam before you agreed to take them!

scorpioserpent 1

FYL for not being paid, but like others have said, after what you did for their kids, they can't refuse to do any favors for to.

If it were for a day or two I'd have done it for free, but 3 or more I would charge for. Especially since I have children of my own to worry about. Though I have to agree you should have told them you expected payment right away.

YDI for expecting payment. u were just helping out thefamily hun. ya dont get paid for that.

You should have arranged the payment beforehand.

Well, odds are that if you didn't arrange payment before they left, you weren't planning on getting paid in the first place. Of course, if you were promised to be paid appropriately for your services, and then they paid you with the necklace instead, that's pretty bad, but that's probably not the case. I would have to say YDI for expecting payment without first setting up an agreement with the parents.

Simple solution--never babysit for them again!

hartbrakekid 0

awwaww that sucks. u dont deserve that. but its FREAKIN HILARIOUS! he he

I think you learned some great lessons here. Don't have kids to early if you can't handle the responsibility and you don't always get what you want and mothers do NOT get paid what they should. I bet it's a nice shark necklace.