So…

By Anonymous - 29/03/2009 01:33 - United States

Today, my sister brought her class hamster home from school. Somehow it escaped from its cage, and ran into my room. My boyfriend, thinking it was a mouse, stomped on it. I'm stuck cleaning hamster guts from my carpet, and have to explain to a kindergarten class what happened to their pet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 752
You deserved it 7 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

even if it was a mouse.. why the fork would you step on it?

As mentioned above, why would anyone step on a mouse? Even more important, why are YOU cleaning it up? Someone here needs to take responsibility for their stupid actions.

Comments

mouse or hamster, it doesn't matter.... it says something about your bf

I totally would've stomped on it too...IF it was a mouse. (I can tell the difference.) When you grow up on a farm, you learn to send those little bastards to a rubbery grave quick, fast, and in a jiffy. And as for explaining to the kindergartners, all I can say is that you might as well be honest with them and then buy 'em a new hamster. Or maybe a rabbit, to avoid any future stompings.

Don't assume he stepped on the hamster just to be a barberic asshole. What if the hamster scurried by him, caught him by surprise, and he stepped on it out of instinct. Think of it this way. If a butterfly or bird flew right by your face, your first instinct (for most anyways) is to swat. He might just have a fear of mice...don't judge him without hearing his side

jalaluddin 0

Why would you clean it? This is definitely something the boyfriend should have done.

dkm26 0

woahhh who the **** steps on a mouse?!

alyssamarie218 0

he doesn't know the difference between a hamster and a mouse? what an idiot.

lolzorspoop 0

He is sick, what an asshole, I dont care what it is, catch it and put it outside, dont step on a living creature unless it is going to harm u, what a jerk

SplitZ 0

Hes not rrly that much of an asshole. First off I have serval pets of my own and plants and there was a mouse in my room a few days ago i had no qualms crushing it under my shoe.. well except for the mess. Honestly a pest is a pest if its in Your home then just like if it trespassed in any wild animal territory it gets killed. Mice multiply like mad if you have ever bred them you will know this, which is why mice and rodents are my exceptions to Have a heart traps just because where ever you end up releasing them they will multiply or just get squashed or eaten by another animal. Second the death of an animal isnt a bad thing >.> if you really hate it dont eat meat. In nature every day thousands of animals die from being eaten by each other. Im not saying cruelty to animals is okay, but im saying if something is a pest then kill it. If you truly oppose this then thats your choice but then you must also condone killing of insects. Insects DO have emotions DO have unique personalities and DO feel pain. any one who has had pet Tarantulas preying mantids or in my case scorpions and wasps knows this. And yes I have on several occasions introduced mice in my house to the foot factor. They are not smart animals on several occasions i have had a mouse actually in my sock.. god knows why it was in there but it was and these were thick winter hunting socks so i didnt notice it since it was in my arch until when i got home there was a flattened mouse stuck to my foot. I guess in my adrenalin from running i didnt notice i squished the poor guy. Yes i did feel a bit of remorse and an urge to laugh for a moment (it was rather cartoony looking) but after a few minutes the remorse left. Seriously people crushing a mouse isnt the worse thing in the world, they are basically made to be eaten and killed by larger animals as a staple of food just like insects are for smaller animals.