Snitches get stiches

By cxcrktkt - 12/04/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, my ten year-old son realized something. Beer is alcohol. People who drink a lot of alcohol are alcoholics. Therefore, I'm an alcoholic for drinking beer with dinner. He told everyone at his conservative private school and they tried to have an intervention. They pray for me every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 811
You deserved it 12 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what happens when you're religious enough to send your kid to a special school because of it.

dz_zb 0

That's what you get for not discussing these issues with your child earlier. He's 10 and he just discovered alcohol? And on top of that you haven't taught him enough for him to understand the lack of severity in an adult drinking beer? YDI for allowing your child to stay ignorant, thinking it will preserve his innocence.

Comments

#40, an alcoholic is someone who GETS DRUNK all the time, not someone who likes to have a beer at the end of the day. I doubt he would have an issue not having a beer with dinner, he just likes to have it. Kids say the craziest things sometimes.

YDI for sending your kid to a conservative private school.

wowfmlife 0

#7 You don't have to be religious to send kids to a religious school; usually the education is better.

tiltwrestler 0

#43, you idiot! A drunk is somebody who likes to get "DRUNK" all the time! An alcoholic is somebody who is clinically addicted to alcohol, or "a person who consistently consumes alcohol, despite health problems, warnings and complications". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism do me a big favor: Either stop defending alcoholics, or stop being a retard. But don't do both- you make the alcoholic look even worse! ====================== and 43, you are "rationalizing". In other words, you dont say "he needs that beer every day, cuz he is clinically addicted to it". You say, "eh well, he wants a beer at the end of the day". Did it ever occur to you WHY he wants a beer at the end of the day? Its not FUN anymore; there are no chicks to "loosen up" with aside from maybe his wife; so why does he drink it? HES ADDICTED!

curryndricegirll 0

hahahahaha! I'm sorry, but this is seriously funny.

sunshine222 0

alcohol is a gateway drug to bread. and everyone who eats bread dies. :(

fkateslife 0

I dont think that drinking a beer at dinner in front of your ten year old kid qualifies as "drinking in front of your kid" (well in the literal sense, yes, but in the insinuated sense, no). You're over 21, you deserve to have a beer for dinner. You're not out there being reckless and drunk. FYL.

Kids, drinking's bad for you........ @ #46 - True.

gingerspice 0

#11, perhaps your teacher should pray that your spelling skills improve.

BillieJ 0

Why is everyone saying she shouldn't drink in front of her child? Drinking does not necessarily equal evil, if it's done in moderation. Props for teaching the kid responsible drinking habits by example, even if you did enroll him in a conservative private school (fail).