Snitches get stiches

By cxcrktkt - 12/04/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, my ten year-old son realized something. Beer is alcohol. People who drink a lot of alcohol are alcoholics. Therefore, I'm an alcoholic for drinking beer with dinner. He told everyone at his conservative private school and they tried to have an intervention. They pray for me every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 811
You deserved it 12 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what happens when you're religious enough to send your kid to a special school because of it.

dz_zb 0

That's what you get for not discussing these issues with your child earlier. He's 10 and he just discovered alcohol? And on top of that you haven't taught him enough for him to understand the lack of severity in an adult drinking beer? YDI for allowing your child to stay ignorant, thinking it will preserve his innocence.

Comments

wow.....liberal athiests being judgemental jerks..........what a coincidence.......

Lol at #28.. Of course Prayer has no statistical value... because prayer is meaningless to anybody but who is praying... it might make some one feel better; but praying to god; and praying to a pile of dog shit will result in the same thing... NOTHING

#76 is actually intelligent! How is this possible?! Drinking beer with your meal is just... ugh. Try water or milk, or maybe juice? I don't know, something that will contribute to health and not damaging your organs. Again, see #76.

kissmeimkati 0

Sounds like a stupid school. Get him out! It's fine for kids to see their parents drinking AS LONG AS it's responsible drinking. If they don't, sometimes drinking becomes the forbidden fruit, and they have no idea how to drink responsibly.

1)private schools usually have a better curriculum, 2) you are paying to kill yourself by drinking beer 3) your child will eventually become corrupted before his time at school is over (as i became) and 4) no, it is not a good idea to drink in front of your children.. want to know why? because i watched my mother drink one glass of wine a night when i was younger.. now i am failing 5 classes, and she now drink a bottle or two of wine before going to bed.. give him a sip and let him taste how shitty alcohol tastes.. and i suggest keeping him in the school, because you do not want to turn out like half of these **** ups saying that it is the schools fault, when in fact that school will be the key to him not being ignorant in the future. i learned a lot of random shit about the bible (which i dont even believe in) from going to school that has enabled me to pull information out of my ass to throw at people who have no idea what more intelligent people are referencing... not just that but the small class size helped me a lot (i have ADD/ADHD and severe depression) and the attention i received was very helpful. even though my teacher had a conference with my father and i and she started getting into the topic of god (which my father and i had one hell of a time not laughing through!).. if you do drink please do it responsibly and dont **** up you child the way my father messed me up... (my mother is annoying while drunk but my father becomes verbally abusive and becomes an ass hole)

wtfFML21 0

hahaha, #90... Your mother drinking wine didn't make you fail your classes. Your lack of intelligence or motivation made you fail your classes. My parents drink and I have a 4.0

gamblewithdesire 0

youu deserved it, youu ******* alchoholic.

RandomUser 0

You deserve it for sending your kid to a conservative private school. Also, drinking beer in front of him without educating him about it in case he tried to copy you. Probably the most YDI entry I've read here. Though it's not just private schools that are crazy. This reminds me of a survey I took in school about drugs and I was told that because I took one sip of champagne my parents let me try on a flight because I wondered what it was like that I should answer that I was a teen who had drunk alcohol. I just said no anyway, depriving the "zero tolerance" "war on drugs" madness movement funding I suppose.