Snitches get stiches

By cxcrktkt - 12/04/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, my ten year-old son realized something. Beer is alcohol. People who drink a lot of alcohol are alcoholics. Therefore, I'm an alcoholic for drinking beer with dinner. He told everyone at his conservative private school and they tried to have an intervention. They pray for me every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 811
You deserved it 12 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what happens when you're religious enough to send your kid to a special school because of it.

dz_zb 0

That's what you get for not discussing these issues with your child earlier. He's 10 and he just discovered alcohol? And on top of that you haven't taught him enough for him to understand the lack of severity in an adult drinking beer? YDI for allowing your child to stay ignorant, thinking it will preserve his innocence.

Comments

Well, the issue is he believes you drink a lot. How much beer do you drink. If you have 8 beers a day, every day, maybe you *are* a drunk

GloomySkyz 0

10 years old and not knowing what alcohol is? Well if its a private catholic school, I can see why.

no, it really doesn't matter what kind of school you go to. I go to a catholic private school and we're pretty messed up, there are kids who do drugs. we learned about sex way back in 3rd grade, and the boys can make up some pretty nasty TWSS jokes :P. so don't stereotype us because it's not true

cyxx 0

Yeah I think this could be easily solved by talking to him or maybe to the headmaster at the school or something. Or maybe try to cut down on the drinking (make it twice a week or something) to make him feel better.

wallythedolly 0

Did you just have a beer with dinner once or do you have a beer with dinner everyday? If you're drinking it everyday, you should probably cut back anyway...you'll lose a lot of weight, too.

wtfFML21 0

#24, I have red wine with dinner almost every night. That is not alcoholism. That was actually advice from my doctor. Sometimes I feel like all of the FML commenters are 6th graders. And #23? Really? That is why we have this alcohol and drug problem in America... because kids are too sheltered and uninformed until one day, they find out a little drinking won't lead to a life in a trailer park... then bam! Everything you've ever taught them is now disregarded.

If you can't tell beer from wine, maby you're the 6th grader. Red wine in moderation, half a glass a day for a woman, one glass a day for a man, is good for health. Beer has no positive effect on health.

Maybe you should give your son a beer, i mean he's already 10! That will also show him the light abit that drinking doesnt have to be bad! First time i drank beer i was about 4 years old, makes u a man :D

Makes you a morron, actually. Alchool has desastrous effects on brain development. Be it while the mother is pregnant, or untill the person finished crucial brain development in the late teen years. There ''is'' a reason for age restrictions on drugs.

shaniecerb 0

its actually still groeing until the early twenties

hilarious! he is just too young to understand i guess

frozen_heart 0

I'm with 17 on this one sorry op :( maybe you should switch to wine though, beer has a shit ton of calories..

skierguy 0

#13. Where exactly did that come from? There was one solitary atheist posting because they were telling a story that was related to the FML. There wasn't a shred of intolerance in the post. Are you offended by the simple fact that an atheist would declare themselves an atheist on the internet? If so, it is you who is the intolerant one.