Snitches get stiches

By cxcrktkt - 12/04/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, my ten year-old son realized something. Beer is alcohol. People who drink a lot of alcohol are alcoholics. Therefore, I'm an alcoholic for drinking beer with dinner. He told everyone at his conservative private school and they tried to have an intervention. They pray for me every day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 811
You deserved it 12 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what happens when you're religious enough to send your kid to a special school because of it.

dz_zb 0

That's what you get for not discussing these issues with your child earlier. He's 10 and he just discovered alcohol? And on top of that you haven't taught him enough for him to understand the lack of severity in an adult drinking beer? YDI for allowing your child to stay ignorant, thinking it will preserve his innocence.

Comments

Why the heck did you enroll him in a conservative private school? Surely you realize how amazingly indoctrinating those places are...

I feel so sorry for you. D: You've explained to your kid that it's not bad when it's done in moderation, right? I'd slap the intervention people around a bit ;]

quesoesbueno59 0

There's nothing wrong with drinking. Only drinking to excess. Tell your kid the difference.

YDI for sending him to a conservative private school

# 47, ok seriously, when my dad comes home from work he likes to have a glass of whiskey. does that mean he's an alcoholic? no. u know y? cuz he doesnt drink to much, he has 1 glass. seriously if having one glass of alcohol a night after a hard day at work makes u an alcoholic, then pretty much everyone is an alcoholic huh? u dont have a problem if u like beer and u drink one with dinner. if u wake up, drink a beer, go to work, have a few beers there, come home, drink a beer, eat dinner, drink a beer, then drink a few beers between the time u finish dinner and the time u go to bed, ur an alcoholic. waking up, eating a nice breakfast, going to work, coming home and having a beer with dinner then watch TV and go to bed afterwords does not make u an alcoholic u ignorant little ****

Imagine what would happen if the OP's son saw a family in Europe somewhere where they let the kids drink alcohol too...he'd probably pass out praying.

tiltwrestler 0

#58: Just givin the definition of it, chief. you can unwad your panties now

tweetspie 0

YDI for sending your kid to a conservative private school.

gislince 0

urgh! drinking beer with dinner.. that's not very tasty!Get a juice ..it's ealthier

Islander_fml 5

Having suffered under conservative private schools, I'd find it hilarious if they thought I was an alcoholic. **** THEIR lives. You're the best off. :D