Small talk is hell

By thisismyawkwardface - 19/02/2014 07:17 - South Africa - Johannesburg

Today, I was struggling through small-talk at a party where I knew nobody. Tattoos came up and I started talking about trendy, girly tattoos like feathers, anchors and infinity signs with stupid words in them. Turns out the girl I was talking to had all three. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 440
You deserved it 12 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tattoos is one subject I don't insult, because people have them for personal reasons I know nothing about.

If she likes them, cool. But she can't get mad if people make fun of her for following the pack. My favorite is "refuse to sink" with an anchor. ANCHORS SINK PEOPLE.

Comments

just because a lot of other people have them doesn't mean that they aren't pretty. people can do whatever they want and if they think its pretty then that's their choice.

also, OP had no idea and it isn't his/her fault that she had those tattoos

Food for thought for all those that dislike unoriginal, trendy tattoos. Do you just immediately assume the person with one is following the crowd or do you think that maybe they got that tattoo before it became trendy?

Just bc the girl wound up having all 3 doesn't mean OPs opinion changed. I have tons of tattoos. That doesn't mean I like everyone else's. I'm never a jerk, but I won't say I like something I don't just bc someone else has it. Now they know they disagree. People don't have to like all mine bc I didn't get them for anyone but myself.

You deserve it, you are a douche. You should NEVER insult someone's tattoo, they might have them because they went through something that you don't even ******* know about. Just because it's the "popular" thing doesn't mean that's why people get them,

THAT just inspired me to get just ONE tattoo... A heart with an infinity sign embossed in the middle But inside the "loops" of the infinity on one side I will have the "water and flames" yin yang, the other will have a black and white dragon yin yang. With a single feather striking through the heart like an arrow with a chain on its quill leading to an anchor slightly hidden behind the heart. Then I'll surround the entire piece with barbed wire.

caligirllife 11

Don't forget to incorporate a butterfly, and maybe make it trampstamp

Not all "original" tattoos are better, I know someone who has one of a can of Wolf brand chili no beans...funny thing is, what's supposed to be chili actually looks like beans. When I asked him why he put a permanent pic of chili on his body he said "no good reason". Barbed wire, although unoriginal, would've looked ten times better. But to each his/her own!

I also met someone with tattoos of the Family Guy characters...naked. I could see maybe Lois or Meg, but a guy with a naked Quagmire or Peter? Original I suppose, but what would be the deep meaning behind that one?

I did that too recently, I was looking at earrings and they had those "fake plugs" and I was trying to decide what earrings I wanted and the cashier was standing by me and I said "well I know I don't want those fake plugs... I don't get the point of those if you want to look like you have plugs then just go get plugs don't be a poser about it" and when we left my boyfriend mentioned the girl had fake plugs... whoops...

Those are actually so stupid though. Fake tapers are probably worse

I use the ones that look like gauges because one, I love the size of the stones and they designs are always more fun. Two, they are usually incredibly hypoallergenic. Three, I do not want to and cannot stretch out my holes because of my other piercings. I would end up ripping my ear or have a very giant hole. Not something I want.

also... I am getting a partridge feather tattoo for my uncle because when we were spreading his ashes a partridge flew from the spot we were spreading them to a tree right next to us even though there were a few dogs checking it out and it sat there and watched us spread his ashes so we would like to think that was him visiting...