Small talk is hell

By thisismyawkwardface - 19/02/2014 07:17 - South Africa - Johannesburg

Today, I was struggling through small-talk at a party where I knew nobody. Tattoos came up and I started talking about trendy, girly tattoos like feathers, anchors and infinity signs with stupid words in them. Turns out the girl I was talking to had all three. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 440
You deserved it 12 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tattoos is one subject I don't insult, because people have them for personal reasons I know nothing about.

If she likes them, cool. But she can't get mad if people make fun of her for following the pack. My favorite is "refuse to sink" with an anchor. ANCHORS SINK PEOPLE.

Comments

caligirllife 11

Don't feel bad, that girl deserves to feel dumb for following a fad and having absolutely no originality. She probably doesn't even know what any of those tattoos mean, I'm not sure the bird or feather even has a meaning

So? Tattoos don't have to have meaning behind them to look cool. Those tattoos might have some kind of meaning to the girl that we don't know about, and even if they don't have any meaning does that really matter? Maybe she wasn't "following a fad", maybe she just likes the way the designs look.

Why? walk on eggshells everywhere all the time because you're trying to spare future feelings that may or may not have been hurt yet? Some of you are entirely too sensitive and should never enter the public. Why should anyone ever think that THEY are so important that their feelings are most important???

The problem comes in with generic tattoos which have no meaning other than 'it's popular' - these are the ones you are most likely to regret later. But I do agree with some others, to each his own. I happen to have some popular images mixed in with my tattoos so I would probably also be judged!

The anchor actually represents something amongst sailors. It was used to show their faith, it represented a cross, it was also used to represent that the sailor had crossed the Atlantic.

ammacias13 9

completely agree. hey shouldn't matter, because you were asked for your opinion.