Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

showwstopper 0

maybe shes just taking thing in and thats all she could think bout xoxo

a_y_a_z_z_fml 0
NoBounceNoPlay 0

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had mild depression myself. Maybe you should wait for your mother to come back to speak to her in person. That response just sounds like she was a little… distracted? Possibly? Kinda strange. I mean, I'm sure she'd have something else to say about it - whether she thinks you really do need help or you just need to get up, dust yourself off and keep it moving.

Alright, I'm going to assume that you are a fully functional human being, with good enough hearing, vision, body coordination, and other senses. Honestly, you should try not to be such a mope because it is contagious and count your blessings. Because some people in this world can't even function properly to have a life. I understand everyone goes through a low point in their life and has to deal with depression to some degree, but it really sounds like your blowing things out of proportion here. Just know that your not alone in everyday struggles, and if this is a serious consideration then you need to call a suicide number for help. If all of the above fails, light a fatty, peace.

glockjaw 0

#33 you reek of fail. Just leave FML. You got verbally raped and now you change your argument, try and insert some petty sarcasm and you come out thinking you're on top. Wanna know how we know? Because depression isn't a 'sob story'. A sob story is something you tell someone to make them feel sorry for you so you can get something. Like a job or a scholarship.

Guns on the top shelf. Rounds are in the third drawer down and to the left. Don't miss.

Hey TC, don't feel bad. I have the same problem. Everyone has the same problems as you do; it's just that other people are able to handle it a bit differently, but sometimes it just takes too much of a toll and you need help from others. My only recommendation is to seek help from therapy and perhaps find out what's bugging ya to get out of your depression. Just remember, suicide is the end result of major depressions, and although everyone thinks of death once in a while, it isn't healthy thoughts to have it constantly for extended periods.

I'm laughing at the fact some posters are unleashing hell on the OP for telling mom when she was gone. What the **** would you do if you were contemplating suicide and your PARENT didn't want to listen? Seriously, I hope you get depression and no one listens. I swear man, people should get a ******* license before they breed. And it's not a sob story, #38 had it right. Suicide, and wanting to get something are two COMPLETELY different things. And hey, #15 don't ever have kids. For the love of ****, don't have kids.

Rawrrr14 0

At least you tried to tell your mom. However, the feelings your having aren't something to ignore. If you can't get support from your mom, I strongly suggest you find another trusted adult or try a number or site that specializes in this kind of thing. Don't listen to the comments that are completely negative or have people trying to be "funny". Many people on this site will not understand how serious this post is. You don't need other people, like your mother, to help you. I'm sure your a strong person and can find the help you need completely independently. Good luck! :-)

Rawrrr14 0

For all the people saying the OP shouldn't be relying on their mother: Most people have kids knowing that commitments/responsibilities come with it. I personally, know that I can always go to my mother. Most people feel that way. Your parents raise you your whole life, of course your going to put a little trust into them! The OP was right for telling their mother. I believe that as a mother, she should have been a little more supportive, no matter what the issue was.