Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

And what exactly did you expect her to do? Drop whatever you were doing and come rushing back to your side just so you can bitch and moan about how emo you are? Everyone who gets depressed thinks suicidal thoughts and then is closely followed by an afterthought on how stupid that would be, or at least the negatives surrounding it and dismiss the thoughts. And before anyone has a go at me, yes depression is a terrible thing. But if the OP was truly depressed they wouldn't be coming onto a site like this when they know people generally take the piss out of them.

glockjaw 0

No, not FYL. You are probably self-centered to begin with. Look at you! You've been depressed lately? Well how convenient of you to tell your mom while she's out of town. Did you think perhaps that since there is nothing she can do you're just putting more stress on HER? No. Do you know where depression comes from? It comes from thinking about yourself too much. So obviously you need to just realize that your life is not that bad. Grow up. By the way, in all your depression you probably WOULD have forgotten to let the dogs out, thus resulting in you cleaning up shit and piss. so thank your mom.

Omg plz speak to someone professionally. Sometimes parents aren't really thinking and brush it off as attention seeking. But they totally regret it afterwards. Hope you feel b8r! Plz take care

While I agree with what you are saying, PLEASE remember that there is no z in please, and no 8 in better.

Sounds like something my mother would say. She brushes stuff like that off with a "PERK UP!" and then changes the subject. THANKS MUM I FEEL GREAT NOW :D ...Bitch.

#13 is totally right. Quit being so emo

#10 is right this is BS, for those who don't remember ( Note: I can't remember the exact wording ) the FML that basically said: how this guy ( person writing the FML ) was in the room with his mom & she said "are you ok?" then he said how he's been depressed lately & thinking suicidal thoughts only to have her say "I was asking the dog" FML. So this is BS copying, but if it isn't ( even though this has already been FML'd 2 times before. ) then FYL.

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Everyone feels depressed sometimes and feels suicidal... you're not abnormal. If it's actually really bad, tell a professional. Family and friends are nice to tell because you're comfortable with them, but they generally don't know how to deal with it.

"Who let the dogs out?" - sorry, I couldn't help myself. And if that doesn't push you to suicide, then you aren't THAT suicidal. I've gotta agree with many of the posts on here saying that you are probably self-absorbed. Get over yourself. And if it IS more serious than that.. Get professional help. Call a hotline. Done and done. Also, there's also Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Whiny bitches love that shit when they are 'depressed'.

MissCharlotte_fml 26

#13-16 should all just go kill themselves (pun intended) seriously, what the ****? Clearly none of you have any idea what depression is like. It is FAR from being self-centered, and what's this shit about putting burden on the mom? SHE'S THE MOM!!! That's what parents are supposed to do, be their for their child no matter what. I would go on, but you 4 just aren't worth the time. All of you are ignorant assholes. Maybe learn a bit about the topic before pretending to know what you're talking about and passing judgment on people.