Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

Everyone saying the OP is self-absorbed just stfu. You obviously have no idea what s/he is going through, and you have no right to judge him/her.

kellster 2

#23/33, thank you. The rest of you: we don't know if the OP was actually thinking about suicide for real or trying to get attention, or what. The point is that his/her mom should have at least expressed concern, don't you think???? That's a pretty callous reaction!

"don't forget to take the dog's out" So she wanted you to shoot the dogs too!!?

Being suicidal isn't a cry for attention, morons. It's for real. When you feel depressed, that's what happens. My cousing killed herself back in February, and my brother attempted in April. I don't find suicide a funny thing at all, especially when people mock it or call it a "cry for attention." You all obviously have no idea what this person is going through or how they feel. Just because you're like 16 and have no depressed friends, doesn't mean people you know aren't. Most people try to keep it hidden as much as possible. ps - why can't people have sob stories? Sad things happen, you get sad, you tell someone. I hate it when people put that person down - it's like you're trying to put them deeper into the hole; stepping on their fingers when they're trying to climb out. Millions and millions of people have depression, somebody's bound to post a story about it on here.

If you are really suicidal, you might want to contact the Samaritans via E-mail: [email protected] . Or find a Befrienders crisis center at http://www.befrienders.org/ .

I sincerely doubt that you have anything to be depressed about. If the homeless guy who goes through my apartment building's dumpster every day can keep on going, I'm sure you'll pull through too.

glockjaw 0

# 41 thanks for agreeing with me and disagreeing with me in the same sentence you ******* idiot. I'm both # 38 and 15. Perhaps you should get a license to breed yourself. You're the moron. Who says ' for the love of ****'? Did you ever stop to think that if this depression was so severe then we wouldn't see this on FML? I'm sure a person with true depression would feel pretty shitty to see all of you lumping in their serious problems with this attention-craver.

gardengnomes 0

I can't believe how ignorant a lot of you are. The OP has nothing to be depressed about? WTF? We don't know what this person is going through/has gone through. And what about those who have chemical imbalances and can't control it? OP: I wish you the best, please don't be afraid or ashamed to get help.

Usually when someone is feeling down or depressed or depressed they just want to be listened to/ heard out. There is no need for the mom to 'rush back' or 'do anything' other than take 10-20 mintes to listen. I agree, how is she being selfish? Apparently family is there for nothing? Even if the OP isn't 'seriously' depressed, or she is being a little dramatic, it doesn't mean her suicidal thoughts are any less vaid or alarming. And seeing as we DON'T know the OP's situation, we really have no idea if its just her being whiney, or if she has a chemical imbalance (making the depression out of her control), or if her life is really ****** by several circimstances. I hate the people who criticize so harshly because they make up their own circumstances to these FML's. Nobody wants your self- proclaimed 'right' opinions shoved down their throats, and no they did not ask for it JUST because they came to this website. You're ruining this website just as much as the obviously stolen/ made up FML's that people post on here.