Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

YOUR MOM A BITCH! HOW DARE SHE! JUST GO OUT OF TOWN SHES GONNA **** HER LIFE

jadeddream 0

I feel like this is a pretty common reaction. Especially if the OP made no hint about their feelings before this. I think the mom just didn't know how to respond. #56, not everyone can just get over depression by changing the way they think. It can take years, or more especially if their family won't even hear them out, so stfu.

Jae87 0

That's pretty much what my mom does whenever I try to tell her I'm depressed.

I felt this way last summer when I came home from college. Going to a therapist definitely helped me out with how I was feeling and how I could change the way I was feeling.

That'll learn you to share your feelings!

0hh_snap 0

I think she said more then that. You just want people to feel sorry for you. That's what depression is; a big pitty party.

I most definatly hope that you are finding other ways to deal with these feelings. Hving suicidal thoughts is never an attention thing. Even if one WERE asking for attention, its never just about that, there's obviously an underlying problem, and your mom might have a good hand in it all if that's how she feels...

Hahahahaha my mom does that ALL THE TIME! it's a mom thing, trust me. get psychological help if you feel that way about life though.