Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

I hope you're filtering what you're reading here. If you're already planning how to execute your suicidal intention, you should call the hotline and give it a chance. Talk to someone. There is help out there. You're not alone. 1 in every 4 of these people who posted a comment here, has or will have a mental illness in their lifetime. There are resources out there, use them.

Luv4pink1721 0

Believe me ive felt the same way before, and I actually attempted suicide, but its been years since that, technically I have depression, and I still have those days where I cant stand anything or anyone around me.. but I live for the days that I forget all about that crap, because reguardless it does get alot better, im soon getting a tattoo on my wrist soon that says Hold On, for the good charlotte song, because everyday I just have to remind myself to hold on that it gets better.

Jessaly_fml 0

Okay #98, just remember to take the dogs out.

mizu22 0

i know you don't know me, but i love you. i feel horrible for you, that your mom would say that to you. please know that i care about you and don't want you you to die. stay strong....it will get better!!

AtoZandBeyond 0

Aww don't kill yourself. Kill someone else.

metro_mello 0

That;s kinda ****** up...i guesss. but having suicidaly thoughts is YOUR problem to deal with not your moms. and for the record youre not going to kill yourself don't worry. I can tell just from reading this youre not even close to being able to do it. because people who are really suicidal usually hold these things in. word of advice for you go see a therapist. ive had severe depression scince the third grade i know how you feel :) everyone gets depression in their life at least once

Most people who seriously contemplate committing suicide keep it to their self, even if they feel that way for years. The majority of suicides surprise friends and family.