Priorities

By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 06:21 - United States

Today, I called my mom while she was out of town and confessed how I have been depressed lately and thinking suicidal thoughts. After my long sob story, she took a breath and said, "OK, just make sure you don't forget to take the dogs out." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 804
You deserved it 5 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This whole argument is pointless. I doubt any of you know OP personally, in which case you don't know OP's feelings. It could be a cry for help as easily as a cry for attention. OP, if you really are depressed, please get help. Hang out with your friends, get exercise, play with tour dogs. All of these could help you feel better!

Well just because the FMLs are slightly similar doesn't make this one untrue.

Comments

Dear Anonymous, I am seriously concerned about your mental health. I applaud you for reaching out to your mother. It seems she was not the right person to ask for help. Please contact another resource, such as 1-800-273 TALK or www.suicide.org. They will help you with the resources in your area and will get you the help you need. You are not alone in this, there is hope.

randomsloth 0

okay, so honestly, i dont really think any mother would say that, i mean there are few but yeah..anyways. i'm betting the reason she said this is because your just an emo bitch that looks for attention most of the time. i have a cousin like that, her mom says the same thing. stfu and buck up god damn it. why dont you try and get attention by being cool and not a pathetic emo ****...and if you can't do that..mind as well kill yourself, why do we need another whinny bitch on this planet? the answer is we don't so DROP DEAD!

I want to echo #65, (or Kids Help Phone if you're in Canada).. and you're not alone in how your parents react - mine do the exact same thing. It's hard. It's lonely. It's depressing. Parents sometimes aren't as emotionally developed as they need to be. Find a support network - even if it isn't, can't be, and won't be your parent(s).

twindaddy 0

I'm sorry, but suicide is a pussy's way out. Bottom line. It's running away from your problems. Face it and handle it. Life doesn't get any easier. Especially when all you do is feel sorry for yourself.

No, a true FML is if you live in a country that is impoverished, war-torn, and/or dangerous. Stop being whiny and selfish and be thankful for what you have.

effmyass 0

wow sorry to say this, but your mom is a bitch.

pinkducttape 0

#24 glockjaw. the mother should be supportive of her child. even if she cant help the child she should help the child find the help they need. instead the mother basically said she was more concerned about the dogs than her own child. the emotional and physical pain of depression is eased when there is an effective support system. also it easier for some people to talk about emotions over the phone than in person. the op simply wanted to talk about it. not to seek attention oh and you didnt prove that you knew anything about depression. you only stated your generalized opinion on mother/child relationships of two people you have never met. #64 randomsloth do we really need any more random sloths on our planet? stop being a sloth and read/watch the news. a classic example would be andrea yates - im sure she told her children really nice things. oh and thankfully not everyone is like your family. by the way - you could also stop being an idiot and learn proper english. mind is what causes thoughts - not that you would know that. op i hope your mother was just scared about the thought of suicide. i hope you find a someone supportive to talk to. you are worthwhile.

She's probably sick of your emo b.s. starved for attention attitude. "Hey, I think I'll try to ruin my mom's vacation by being even more emo than usual!" Y (probably) DI

sounds like my mom, i'm so sorry lol

btw- #64-wooooooowwwww. what an ass. this person is the one that needs a life? so sad.