Party girl

By not-so-happy-feet - 14/06/2009 23:41 - Canada

Today, I was at my friend's birthday party, dancing barefoot because my feet hurt from my shoes' heels. Apparently, someone dropped a glass on the dancefloor and didn't warn anybody. I ended up having to drive myself to the emergency room because all my friends were "having too much fun to leave." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 092
You deserved it 6 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't count on your friends to drive you to the emergency room... Wait, what?

#36- Have you EVER been to wedding? Um, like EVERYONE has their shoes off at the end of the night. Is it the smartest thing to do because things like that can happen? No. But it has the chance of being better than blistering/ hurting your feet all night long. The FML here is that no one said/did anything to take care of the glass, AND THEN no one would take care of HER as far as making sure she got to the ER ok..... those friends were being jerks. Sorry OP

Sorry, my ass. Those people are NOT your friends. Even a half-considerate STRANGER would try to get help for an injured person. Find new people to hang out with, cuz those pricks ain't worth a ****.

laurraaa_fml 0

thats totally something my friends would do. we need new friends.

Taking off your shoes at a party is TAAAACCKKKKYYYY!! If you can't stand heels for a long time, don't wear them!

alex_vik 0

Wear shoes that don't hurt then? I swear, some of the things women do just to look good.

YLIF for having such selfish friends. YDI for wearing uncomfortable shoes and not bringing flip flops to change into.

#62... marry me? and to pretty much everyone.... where does it say th OP is a girl?

heyyou1203 0

Female footwear is not made for practical purposes. It is extremely difficult to find shoes that look good (or at least, what fashion tells us looks good) and fit. Being comfortable is usually a lofty goal if not impossible. Men have it WAY easier. As for taking off your shoes, that's just what people do because they hurt so damn much. Maybe they feel fine for an hour or 2, but after a night of dancing your feet are aching. Once at a really formal my college had for the seniors, SO many girls got drunk, dropped their glass on the dance floor and then would just walk away and not tell anyone. I kept my shoes on all night b/c of that (thank god i saw it happen, otherwise i'd be as ****** as the OP), but my feet had blisters galore by the end of the night. But it's not your responsibility to watch everyone at a party to make sure they behave properly. That still sucks, esp since your friends r jerks. Hope you foot's ok though!!

This reminds me of something that happened to me. I was with my parents at a lake, and I fell onto a rock under the water that cut open my leg. It bled for over 24 hours straight, but my parents wouldn't take me to the hospital because we were "on vacation" and they couldn't be bothered. I was only 16 and so I couldn't drive. My mom ended up taking me to the doctor's a week later, when my leg was badly infected. I'm sorry, OP. It really sucks when you're hurt and nobody will take you to the hospital. And to everyone else, it doesn't say anywhere that they were at a club or that people were drunk.