News to me

By madaskueuchiha - 08/08/2009 03:57 - United States

Today, I got a call from my parents' divorce lawyer. When I answered the phone, she thought I was my mother and told me the details about my parent's divorce. I'm a 13-year-old boy who sounds like a woman and just learned that my parents are separating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 489
You deserved it 3 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HumansSuck 0

Congratulations, you're a thirteen year old boy on the internet and you're using correct grammar. Your life isn't ******; you still have a future.

junjouromantica 0

That sucks, but your voice ought to deepen eventually.

Comments

junjouromantica 0

That sucks, but your voice ought to deepen eventually.

YDI for putting your cat in the microwave.

mattmalin11 0

I am also 13, and over the phone people used to get me and my mom confused. now my voice cracks every few minutes so no one gets me confused.

what was he supposed to do? skip puberty?

fudgnugget 0

I don't think you can control that

dnt worry. my parents got divorced when I was 8. then my dad moved back in. then moved out a week later again. and is now married to a bitch.

JamesM9794 0

when I was 13 I sounded like my mom too, now I have a voice as deep and Loud as my dad at 15

mac222 0
theice 0

it happens to me too I'm 14 and have an exceptionaly deep voice and still get confused for my high voiced mom

This2Rudy 7

maybe your mom just has a deep voice and sounds like you

how the hell is it his fault for being 13 dumbass !!! everyone is 13 at some point

I'm 12 and my voice already deepened A LOT

HowAreYouToday 34
mjbjenkins 0

Wtf are 13 year olds doing on FML?

#1 your not the one getting a divorce but ydontdi yet still not a fml Grow up

That's actually the age limit....you have to be 13 years or older to sign up

lendmeyourteeth 0

lmfao.. aww yah puberty'll happen soon?

aha, oh yes, i remember those days, whatever, my rents are divorced, and my voice sounded like my moms when i was your age too, no worries

HumansSuck 0

Congratulations, you're a thirteen year old boy on the internet and you're using correct grammar. Your life isn't ******; you still have a future.

Agreed with having a future, but definitely FYL for the parents getting divorced; that's probably going to be rough. =(

V, yes, to an extent women tend to be a little better with grammar. Unless they're the kind that insists on playing dumb (i.e. the majority of the 'hot girls' that are scared of what'd happen if they actually try hard in school instead of flirting all day).

slaveowner190461 0

number 68 u can tell ur 13 tryna say u use proper grammar its age not gender dumbass

congratulations #123 for proving that the OP and #68 are the exceptions to the rule.

And you can tell that you're 9 because you can't use proper grammar even when trying to correct somebody you're trying to insult.

jnic 0

NOPE. "my parent's divorce" should be "my parents' divorce"! ... Sorry, I had to.

coolster56 0

no you're wrong it is parent's because it is theirs it belongs to them so you FAIL

#176 Yeah, but if you're talking about multiple objects (two parents in this situation) then it would be "parents'" not "parent's" And I'm 13 and it bugs the crap out of me if people type with bad grammer or use aliterations like omg or brb. I'm all for saying Oh Mah Gawd though. Although I don't spell everything like that. Just words like baii and haii; Things of that matter

no, "parent's" shows one person's possession. "parents'" show more than one possession. he has two parents right?

This whole thread is awesome just because it's all based in grammar, which is awesome.

188, sorry, but what you just did bugs me more. "OMG" and "BRB" are not alliterations (the term that refers to a linguistic technique where two words in the same line or headline/title start with the same letter, e.g. Galloping Gargoyles), but abbreviations. I realise this is most likely a slip of the.... Hand on keyboard? But still... *twitch*

#142 he said it right the first time but didn't say it right the second time. i think he meant to say parents'

#222 actually, it's not an abbreviation, that would be say, apt. for apartment. Things like omg are an acronym.

Actually, the "parent's" should have been "parents'" and the "my" in the last sentence should be "his". I'm not trying to say I'm better than OP or say that I have perfect grammar. I'm just giving you an fyi; you really don't need to applaud those who use "perfect" grammar on the Internet, or chastise those who don't. Especially when it's not perfect.

mylittlecrow 0

Yeah, don't worry, your voice will surely deepen. As for your parents, i'm sorry:(

Sorry, I don't believe you are thirteen. :) You must be writing your memories here.

acd23 0

Why don't you believe he's 13?

13 year olds can use the internet too you know.

DuhthatsObvious 0

I could actually write very well already at the age of 10, so I don't doubt that OP really is 13 years of age.

Yeah, I started writing like that when I was 10, too. I wanted to not seem like I was actually a 10 year old, so I could get on the "older people" websites ;D. I'm 13 now, + u dnt c me wrin liek dis all da tiem. We're not all stupid.

junjouromantica 0

There actually are people who pay attention in English class and read to broaden their vocabulary.

CL41RE 0

Yeah people on the Internet really underestimate 12 and 13-year-olds. We aren't stupid, people!

fudgerz 0

Hah spoken like a true 13 year old.. No, you are not smarter than most adults; Grow up please. OP: That sucks to find out about it that way, but on the bright side your voice will deepen soon :)

ChocolatexGames 0

Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Have you ever watched that show? Its quite good.

jnic 0

We're talking about academic smarts with that show, though, not street smarts. Of course the kids will be better at those subjects, because they're learning them NOW, as opposed to adults who learned them 10, 20, or 30 years ago and haven't used most of that material in the real world. Of course... I never want to see myself forgetting such basic shit that easily. I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN. D:

CableX17 0

I have always used proper grammar, literally always. I never even had a first word, I had a first sentance. I simply refused to speak until i knew enough to really talk. I also had better grammar from the first time I spoke than 90% of people on this site have now. So yes, some people are just that smart, thank you very much.

DareToDream7 0

Really #143? Since when is using proper grammar and spelling "street smarts"? That's still academic buddy, sorry to tell you. And #182, I really do believe that at the age of 2, you thought out what your first words or "sentence" would be because you are THAT smart. I don't deny that you didn't just say one word, you said multiple words (ie 3 words) but the fact that you remember subconcious thoughts ("I waited until I knew enough words to form a sentence) makes me HIGHLY doubt your story. Don't lie, it's not cool. Your story doesn't make you seem smart either, it makes you seem desperate for approval.

CableX17 0

The part about me waiting till I knew enough words was an assumption. I don't remember it in the slightest, but it's a story my mom has told me hundreds of times. I was just standing near some people that were talking and said "Well *actually*..." and procceded to correct something someone had said. That was the first time I ever spoke. When I said I'm "just that smart", it was with a sarcastic tone. Sorry that didn't come across right, but no, I'm not lying:).

snowboardlover 0
itsmeppl 0

Yeah like don't you have to be 18 to be allowed to download this app

Sorry to hear about your parents separating (even though like a third of parents get divorced) but the voice thing is not a big deal. I was often mistaken for my mum when I was 13. Not everyone's voice has broken by then.

LOL!!! in due time you voice "might" change.

Yeah, lets laugh out loud at the kid whose parents are getting divorced... asshole

Yeah your entry is too on point for you to be 13

jemsmej 0

That's not true at all. Many adolescents are exremely good with words, and people need to learn to recognize that.

#9, if you don't know that thirteen year olds can speak or write you should go outside.

Yeah, when I was a kid I hated people patronising me because they assumed I was also an idiot. Even into my teens. "Ooo, you're very well spoken aren't you!" "Why yes, those 17 years of daily practice really helped."

Yet most people on this website would immediately put down a thirteen year old for a small grammar or spelling mistake. So I guess either way, no one wins. How nice.

chilechick108 0

Hey # 9: I started writing at 2 and a half years old. I move up in an honors english language class every year. I am 15 and am at the level of a College Graduate. I spoke like that when I was 5 dipshit. I'm not saying he is one but have you ever heard of child prodigies? Dumbass

pwnage79 0

i tought myself to read at 2 or 3

However, you missed a comma. What you wrote actually implies that #59 did not teach himself to spell the word "apparently".

CableX17 0

^This, lol. Oh and for another child prodigy you can read my earlier comment on a thread above this:). Haha, I also hit puberty at around 8-9, and have been over 6 foot since I was around 12. Sooo not normal, haha. Guess I'm just special;P.

I'm 12 and I think I'm pretty good with words, seeing as I'm in an honors language arts class.

why didn't u stop the lawyer mid sentence and say you'll get your mom, seperation sucks but most the time it's for the best if they fight all the time. A wise man said "when the bad times out number the good times it's time to call it quits."

well if it was me i would've been curious