Mother of the year

By lmastr64 - 08/10/2010 10:31 - France

Today, I'm sitting in agonizing pain following a scoliosis surgery. I have a bunch of painkillers that I need to suppress the incredible back pain, but looks like I can't take any, because my mom has hidden them from me because she thinks I need to be taken off them. I wish my doctor was here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkpillowz 0

Smack that bitch upside the head. Then apologies, saying that it's just that you're in so much pain that you have no control over yourself. Mothers like to play the guilt card to get their way so take a page from their book and turn it back on her! ;-)

Comments

I'd say that your mom is probably popping those pills. is she dancing?

ooorrr you could sneak in while she's sleeping and replace the real pills with m&ms (: they're just as good!

wyatt7094 0

Call the Dr.'s Ofc and tell them your mother is refusing to give you the medication and that you are in pain. I bet she is taking them for herself! If she is it's a crime. Why would mom have the Rx filled at the pharmacy and pay for them but not give them to you? She must be taking them herself!

fishertruck 0

Hmm I have scoliosis,arthritis, as well as an auto immune disease.I find it essential to have my lorcet and in between painkiller.Honestly the meds are not that addictive and rarely cause me anything but slight tiredness.I've never lost any ability to think clearly, and have always had a better day with little pain. I say fyl op, I could not imagine the pain from spinal surgery.You need to do as others have said and contact your doctor. But also you should take your meds as responsible as possible because there are high chances of liver damage etc with long term abuse of narcotics. Especially since pharmaceutical companies add high amounts of ibprofen and other "goodies" that increase the chances of liver and digestive system failure.

He doesn't say his age or how long ago the surgery was...what If he has been at this for a long time? Not enough info.

r83839 22

If he really is in excruciating pain, it's most likely less than a month and a half/2 months after surgery, unless he did something he shouldn't have and hurt it more. He could be exaggerating on the amount of pain, but this surgery really is one of the most painful ones out there.

thundar 0

if u were really in such agonizing pain why would u be thinking about posting an FML? shouldn't that be the last thing on ur mind?

Not really. I'm often in a state of agonizing pain, but I'm around here a lot. It distracts me and makes me laugh (which helps the pain) when I'm stuck in bed. Commenting, and the debating and joking that goes with it, is much more intellectually stimulating than watching tv.

Wait Jane you pic makes me believe that you are happy all the time.

Being happy and being in pain aren't always mutually exclusive, ny. :]

All addicts claim to be in pain. Suck it up buttercup.

I was born with scoliosis. I was supposed to get a back brace, and then a rod in my back later. Instead I went to a chiropractor through adolescence and now my back is perfect, I haven't had pain since I was like 10 and there's no curve. Usually the idea of a chiropractor sounds a little weird, but in the case of scoliosis I hugely recommend it.

It depends on how severe the curve is. My mom had me try a chiropractor before agreeing to the surgery simply because I was young (I was 9 when I was diagnosed). I'm not really sure how long it had been going on beforehand since my doctor never caught it before then. However, when it was found, the top curve was 60-something degrees and the bottom was 30-something degrees. Going to a chiropractor and using back braces didn't help at all, which is why we finally agreed to the surgeries. Before my spinal fusion, the top curve had progressed to 80 degrees and the bottom was over 60. Chiropractor visits generally only help in milder cases of scoliosis.

redheadedmonster 24
skyeyez9 24

Same shit happened to me when I had surgery on my eyes. My parents said I didnt need the medicine even though I was temoprarily blind and it felt like my eyes had been stabbed with hot pokers.