Mother of the year

By lmastr64 - 08/10/2010 10:31 - France

Today, I'm sitting in agonizing pain following a scoliosis surgery. I have a bunch of painkillers that I need to suppress the incredible back pain, but looks like I can't take any, because my mom has hidden them from me because she thinks I need to be taken off them. I wish my doctor was here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkpillowz 0

Smack that bitch upside the head. Then apologies, saying that it's just that you're in so much pain that you have no control over yourself. Mothers like to play the guilt card to get their way so take a page from their book and turn it back on her! ;-)

Comments

The patient needs to feel in control of his or her recovery as much as possible. It's been proven that the average person heals faster and uses less medication when he controls the administration of painkillers. That's why so many places let you control the post-op morphine through that little button on the IV hookup. Unless OP has a substance abuse history, or isn't lucid enough to keep track of the times and dosage, Mom should not have had the pills at all.     OP, if you're not in that sobbing, screaming, barfing, can't-tolerate-any-more-sensation-even-not-cloth-on-my-skin state yet, do what others have said and call the doc. He won't give you more, but he might talk Mom out of her insanity tree. If that doesn't help, try calling someone else, like a grandparent, sibling, dad, etc. to intervene on your behalf. 

Lulu714 0

omggggg. I have scoliosis too. aghhh it hurts?!!!! oh noes.

OP, call someone, a doctor, police, child services, ANYONE! Then when you're not in pain anymore, can you make an account and tell us what happened? xP

I have read a FML just like this except the mom thought he/she would get adddicted..... coincedence....??

law9483 0

I am so sorry.. having been through this surgery I know EXACTLY what your going through. Complain until she gives them to you or tell her you need to go back to the doc then have him explain. maybe if the doctor explains how much pain you're in she'll give them back to you? how bad was your curvature? Thoracic or Lumbar? the good news is that it only gets better from here.. hang in there!!

I had it too. and the surgery. from T3 to L4. 55 on the bottom and 38 on the top plus kyphosis. and I was only 13.

all you saying to stick clearly have never had scoliosis surgery. I had it three months ago, I feel for you OP but thing will get better x

omg that's so sad, if u can reach a phone dial 911, abuse is literally going on, I'm not being funny. that shit is uncalled for

Your mom is a crazy bitch... call the doctor and tell them you are in a lot of pain and your Mom took the meds from you. That sucks!!

Gidget9221 0

If you're underage that's considered child abuse, and if you're legal age I'm pretty sure that still qualifies as abuse. You need to call your doctor, I've had an appendectomy and it hurt like hell I can imagine having surgery on my spine, you need that if pain gets too bad it can cause your heart to stop.