Mother of the year

By lmastr64 - 08/10/2010 10:31 - France

Today, I'm sitting in agonizing pain following a scoliosis surgery. I have a bunch of painkillers that I need to suppress the incredible back pain, but looks like I can't take any, because my mom has hidden them from me because she thinks I need to be taken off them. I wish my doctor was here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkpillowz 0

Smack that bitch upside the head. Then apologies, saying that it's just that you're in so much pain that you have no control over yourself. Mothers like to play the guilt card to get their way so take a page from their book and turn it back on her! ;-)

Comments

snowboarder1417 2

I find it ridiculous that people that have no idea what they are talking about are telling this guy to "just man up" after surgery on his spine, because....you know......that doesn't sound painful at all..........

RoboNerd 0

It is really painful. I had mine 2 months ago. Full recovery time is 1 year, with minimum 1 month bed rest.

it was sarcasm, genius.<<that was too.

I don't think they were ignoring the sarcasm. I am pretty sure they were just agreeing that it really is painful. There is no need for you to be a jerk.

anyone who says man up and take the pain obviously has no idea how painful scoliosis is, let alone the surgery to correct it. everyday is a battle of pain in which it gets so extreme it hurts to breathe. kudos to you for getting the surgery. I've yet to decide to do it or not.

Tikwichka 5

I decided against the surgery, even though I can get it free from NHS Scotland. The spinal deformity isn't cured, just altered. I manage well enough with my pain killers.

RoboNerd 0

You should definitely have it. I had mine about 2 months ago, and it's worth it.

I've heard horror stories of people who absolutely regret doing it and are in more pain now after the surgery than before it.

Yeah, the results are pretty contradictory. I had a fusion for another reason, and it did squat for the pain. The scar tissue often makes the pain worse, as it did in my case. I've had other docs suggest surgery to fix the first surgery, but I consider it the very last resort. Spinal surgeries have a way of multiplying.

law9483 0

I had mine at 15 and trust me, the younger you have it the better.

hayleyjayxx 0

I had the same surgery, hawkeye, if you are in constant pain from scoliosis do have the operation, it is well worth it in the end. I now live a normal life and you would never know I had surgery, if your scoliosis is only slight there are exercises which stretch your back and reduce pain.

anyone who says man up and take the pain obviously has no idea how painful scoliosis is, let alone the surgery to correct it. everyday is a battle of pain in which it gets so extreme it hurts to breathe. kudos to you for getting the surgery. I've yet to decide to do it or not.

how many times are you going to post this? haha

onikage_666 0

you don't need drugs, smoke some weed instead, it's a natural safe painkiller, just don't let your mom find it.

Creampie that birch and slap her with your dick till she agrees to give them to you

Yes i agree with 38. Having surgery is very painful and you need to take pills to help with the pain. I had surgery on my back once and I had to take 8 pills a day for a straight month and I'm not addicted to drugs so whoever is stupid enough to say his mom is right because it will led him to a gateway of drugs or abusing drugs or whatever opinion to gave then your stupid. Yes prescription drugs cause many deaths but only way you get addicted to prescription pills is if you go the amount your suppose to take. Never go over and you'll be fine.

Sulkiva 2
SoldieroftheLORD 0

sounds like what would happen to me. sucks op I'm praying for you.

RoboNerd 0

Omigosh, I'm so sorry! You can take ibuprofen until you can talk her into giving it back. Pills don't help me much at all, and even taking them I was crying with pain for a week. Until then, lay on a pillow, breathe slowly, and take some ibuprofen. It'll help a little.