Mother of the year

By lmastr64 - 08/10/2010 10:31 - France

Today, I'm sitting in agonizing pain following a scoliosis surgery. I have a bunch of painkillers that I need to suppress the incredible back pain, but looks like I can't take any, because my mom has hidden them from me because she thinks I need to be taken off them. I wish my doctor was here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkpillowz 0

Smack that bitch upside the head. Then apologies, saying that it's just that you're in so much pain that you have no control over yourself. Mothers like to play the guilt card to get their way so take a page from their book and turn it back on her! ;-)

Comments

That's terrible. I had 3 surgeries for scoliosis when I was 10 years old, with the third one being a spinal fusion. I understand your pain. I would have gone crazy if my mom would've taken away my pain medications. I only took them as prescribed, and I'm perfectly fine and not a drug addict today. I agree with everyone saying to talk to your doctor and have him talk to your mom.

Fuck_school 0
TheBestManEver 0

Pain is an illusion. Suck it up and be a man.

RoboNerd 0

Pain is not an illusion. It's nerves sending signals to your brain saying that you are injured. And with this kind of surgery being a movement of your spine and spinal cord, the pain is more direct and can cause paralysis. :) Read a book, dimwad.

TheBestManEver 0

Someone has been reading wikipedia, however you missing half of the puzzle numnuts. Yes, the SENSORY nerves send signals to your brain TELLING it there's a problem, but your brain outputs ANOTHER signal which makes the affected region feel "painful". Your brain creates this illusion of pain to say "Hey asshole, you're bleeding to death at the arm" so you can look down and see the damage you have caused. If your going to call out someone get your facts straight you ******* tard. P.S. You read a ******* book instead of shitty internet sources.

Uh, ALL sensation is an illusion, then. Start ignoring all sensation and see how long you survive, numbnuts.

TheBestManEver 0

I don't appreciate your ruse ma'am.

You started this. Hunger and thirst is an illusion too. Heck, sight, hearing, and smell are illusions.

TheBestManEver 0

I never said they WEREN'T illusions you dumb prick. All of our senses are just signals which our brain interprets as sensation. Our brain is a very powerful tool, hell, it could be just screwing with us this whole time. Who's to say if any of this is even real? Think about that one.

r83839 22

Jump off a cliff and then tell me pain is an illusion.

Darkmage561 1

Wow that sux, from my knowledge of the medical field the chances of a patient being addicted on pain medication are pretty much slim to none. Even if it is a opioid as long as the patient does not want to become addicted he or she most likely won't. The chances of becoming addicted to medication is even less than 1% (or else that would mean even 1 out of 100 patients at the hospital would become addicts, unlikely).

It does have a bad rap, but I have to disagree with you on one point. I doubt most addicts ever wanted to get addicted, per se, whether their addiction is drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, etc. It's the motivation behind the act that matters-- what turns use into abuse. If you're using the medication for anything other than getting enough relief to live normally, you're at risk of becoming an addict. Even if you don't want to be an addict, if you want the high, to escape from life, and use the pills for that reason, it's abuse.

your mom probably wants them for herself.

RedPillSucks 31

@81 Scoliosis mostly occur in women. So are you suggesting gender reassignment surgery in addition to spinal fusion?

Sorry, OP! That's pretty awful. :( I agree with the folks up there saying that you should call your doctor. Your doctor knows you need them and may be able to convince your mother of that.

In such cases, domestic violence is often an effective means to get your drugs back.

That's not cool. A person should NEVER screw with another's pain meds. Now unless you are one of those rare people who get addicted after like one drink/one hit, you aren't likely to get addicted (and if it's just a little surgery, you aren't going to be given months and months worth if pills) in any case. if he's gonna choose to do them then that one bottle isn't going to make a difference. FYI This isn't directed at OP but all those people saying "well what if he is taking more than he should..etc etc "

I completely disagree with all the "grow a pair" comments. any surgery is painful (i know from personal experience) even WITH medication. like everyone said call your doctor and then get REVENGE!!! :)