Mother of the year

By lmastr64 - 08/10/2010 10:31 - France

Today, I'm sitting in agonizing pain following a scoliosis surgery. I have a bunch of painkillers that I need to suppress the incredible back pain, but looks like I can't take any, because my mom has hidden them from me because she thinks I need to be taken off them. I wish my doctor was here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkpillowz 0

Smack that bitch upside the head. Then apologies, saying that it's just that you're in so much pain that you have no control over yourself. Mothers like to play the guilt card to get their way so take a page from their book and turn it back on her! ;-)

Comments

Proposition 19, Cali. you figure out the rest

djguidonation 0

so she has narcotic pain killers that weren't prescribed to her ... call the cops

kportal69 5

or call your doctor and have him explain that you need the pills and you won't be addicted to them. pretty much have him explain to her shes an idiot.

wriptidez 0

call the docs office and have them call your mom and tell her you need them until ....

sublimetime614 0

omg. my bf had that surgery. i know you are in pain! ouch!

I'm sorry OP I have scoliosis and had the corrective surgery about 10 years ago it is very painful. I hope you can get the pain killers back. And for everyone who says man up just imagine breaking your back in multiple places because that is exactly what it feels like.

your mum is not the sharpest knife in the draw, eh?!

TheBestManEver 0

You're certainly not either if you can't spell drawer correctly dumbass.

I can see your Mom's point of view, I mean...you dont want to end up like Dr. House do you? I also agree with Perdix that big-pharma are bad guys with little more morality than drug dealers and they make their money "on the come-back" to quote Chris Rock. But having said that, the action she has chosen to take seems to be a bit irrational. She should talk with your doctor and make sure she understands your need, the risks and the correct dosage and so on. If she refuses to speak with your doctor, and you really are in terrible pain, then yes i would be calling Child Protective Services. Or at least threatening to. Side note: I see so many FMLs where ridiculously bad parenting is the main theme. I am always stunned. I have never in my life encountered such ignorant, closed-minded, miopic and frankly pathetic behavior...even in high school.... and these are supposed to be responsible adults!!

Dr House is still in pain and needs them. You just don't know.

Somebody's not up on the latest House story arcs.. *tsk tsk* ;) Joking aside, getting your medical info from TV and comedians is a really bad idea. I'll agree with you on the evils of big pharma companies, though.

Alright ...well I was being a bit silly with the House comment...sorry....and yeah, I am behind with the storyline because I moved to India a year ago and they don't show it here. I don't get my medical info from TV and comedians, it's just that that quote seemed to illustrate my point reasonably well. Please don't assume that's the only place I get info from. Anyway, I didn't really say much that would constitute 'medical info' it was more of an opinion about Mom's reaction and I believe I was suggesting that all involved (Mom and patient) discuss the whole situation with the doctor.....