Meat

By ohmyx3 - 30/04/2009 02:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was at my boyfriend's house. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years, and his mother made lasagna with meat in it. After telling her I don't eat meat, my boyfriend's father says "we know whose meat she does eat." My boyfriend, his mother, and I were standing right there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 612
You deserved it 10 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

arcturussage 0

boyfriends fault imo. If I were having my girlfriend over I'd make sure my mom knew she was a vegetarian. Dad sounds like a cool guy though

Comments

GO ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL XD www.youtube.com/user/hayleyisino320 PLEEEEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!! (no haters please)

birds_fml 7

That's was pretty funny! I'm a vegetarian too, and you need to learn early on, that when you're going to dinner at someone's house, that is the time to mention your dietary restrictions, for reasons like these. When someone is cooking dinner for a guest, often they go out and make something special, and usually it involves meat, so it's only polite to let them know ahead of time what you won't eat so they don't go to all that trouble.

LOL. Awkward, but at least it seems like your boyfriend's dad is a pretty cool guy, who won't be all stiff and old-fashioned when it comes to you and your boyfriend.

I guess I would have left. If your b/f didn't understand or come with (or I suppose stick up for you) then **** him. Your relationship with his family didn't get-off (heh-heh) to a good start at all.

that is why you make sure to inform your boyfriend's parents beforehand. it's incredibly rude to show up and turn down a meal that was probably prepared in your honor. i've had to suck it up and eat it in cases where i failed to let the host know in advance. you deserved it. hard to avoid being the butt of a joke when you're being the bitch at the party. #2, i thought that said "i'm a vegeratian tool"... which would probably be more appropriate judging by the number of exclamation points used in that sentence.

The OP's boyfriend definitely should have gone, "Mom, my girlfriend is a vegetarian. Please keep this in mind when you cook dinner." But maybe the OP shouldn't have said anything in order to keep the peace. I'm a vegetarian but eat meat when I'm at someone's house and my dietary restrictions haven't been mentioned previously. And now I'm glad I do.

LeftHanded_fml 0

#3 man chill. She didn't have to eat it. It's not like the family made that just for her. It's not like it is going to waste, and there was probably a salad at the dinner table because who just makes a meal with no sides for a dinner like this. And how is she a shameless *****, I don't know their age but it seems like she is old enough for her to being doing that without her being thought of as a *****. It's not like you can't give someone a ******** without being a *****, a lot of people do it.

bella_brasil 0

Lmfao! He might've seen something? I'm wondering what you answered to it..

hahaha....that sucks...but still oh so funny XD