Meat

By ohmyx3 - 30/04/2009 02:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was at my boyfriend's house. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years, and his mother made lasagna with meat in it. After telling her I don't eat meat, my boyfriend's father says "we know whose meat she does eat." My boyfriend, his mother, and I were standing right there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 612
You deserved it 10 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

arcturussage 0

boyfriends fault imo. If I were having my girlfriend over I'd make sure my mom knew she was a vegetarian. Dad sounds like a cool guy though

Comments

you're stuck with a guy who's dad has a SOH? poor you. NO, stop complaining you ****

#34, the difference between #18 and you is that #18 is a polite vegetarian. In almost any culture, it's considered pretty rude to turn down a meal, especially when you're the main guest. I've eaten lots of foods I didn't particularly like because it would have been rude not to. Unless the host, totally aware of you being a vegetarian, made meat dishes because they "think you should eat meat" (which is very rude of THEM), then you should eat what a host prepares for you. In Hawaii, I think it's practically it's a capital offense to turn down a meal. If you absolutely cannot under any circumstances eat meat, you should either let the host know, or not accept dinner invitations. Turning down a meal prepared in your honor is just awful.

Sounds like the bf's fault if he knew the OP was vegetarian. And to you guys, what's the matter with dietary preference? Being a vegetarian is even more sensible than being religious.

I guess it's a given that any FML involving vegetarianism will get a bunch of profane, retarded comments. Also, if you've been a vegetarian for several years, meat will disagree with your digestive system - you'd feel really sick and vomit the whole thing up, which is probably worse than refusing to eat a host's food. Wise up, idiots.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

yeah, vegetarians usually flock to vegetarian FMLs, so stupid comments are inevitable

rxysurfbum07 0

I'm vegetarian. I know how you feel; it's extremely awkward when you have to turn down a meal simply because I was raised to not turn down anything at all. I think it's the boyfriend's fault for not letting his mother know, so you don't deserve it at all. #11- please stfu. If you don't want any "haters," then don't be annoying. Why am I wasting my time?

rxysurfbum07 0

Oh, and totally agree with number 55. Research before you say shit, people. Especially to those who aren't vegetarians.

Funployee109 0

My dad would do something excatly like this funnily enough.

Epiphany1882 0

That belongs in a movie. lol. If anything, now you know to mention these things in the future. "Dad" sounds like a trip....well said! lol

At least his father has a sense of humor.

Mitz_fml 4

#54, what's impolite about saying someone isn't what they claim to be? People aren't vegetarians if they only do it when it's convenient. It's like saying "I'm Jewish, except at Christmas time". Ridiculous!