Meat

By ohmyx3 - 30/04/2009 02:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was at my boyfriend's house. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years, and his mother made lasagna with meat in it. After telling her I don't eat meat, my boyfriend's father says "we know whose meat she does eat." My boyfriend, his mother, and I were standing right there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 612
You deserved it 10 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

arcturussage 0

boyfriends fault imo. If I were having my girlfriend over I'd make sure my mom knew she was a vegetarian. Dad sounds like a cool guy though

Comments

Kristoffer 35

FYL - not only for that rude incident, that was really uncalled-for for them to do that to you, but also, FYL because you're not eating right. Avoiding meat is unhealthy and causes you to not get enough of all the nutrients you need. I suggest eating meat at least occasionally.

hir23 0

Thank you #57. I'm vegetarian too, and have been my whole life. #47 you are a dumbass. Look up WHY people are vegetarian before you comment on it. And I agree with everyone who said it was the boyfriend's fault. If they've been going out for four years, he should know she's a vegetarian, and should have told his parents. And also, while you probably shouldn't turn down meals normally, if you're vegetarian, you are by no means compelled to eat meat when someone else offers it to you.

Mitz_fml 4

#74, you couldn't be more misinformed. Our bodies don't digest meat well, that's why you can't give it to small children and why a lot of older people can't eat it any more. Like any dietary or life altering decision, a person needs to educate themselves to do it right.

comadank 0

he isnt a bad dude for not saying anything i started dateing a girl who was a veg and i made her a nice meal of chicken parm i forgot i was more happy she was coming over and the dad whay to go he is a cool guy

sounds like something my father would say, prob just a joke...

#74: Meat is tasty, plentiful, even nutritious, but magic it is not. Vegetarians and vegans might be obnoxious whiners, but they can thrive quite well if they get a variety of fruits, veggies, grains and legumes. The only thing vegans specifically need is B-12, which is frequently fortified in various foods, cheap to purchase, and stored in your body for years. Re: every other mineral/nutrient brought up (iron, protein, calcium): beans, grains, dark leafy greens. Seriously, meat has many positive qualities, but the only unique nutrients it provides are the non-essential amino acids (which our bodies synthesize), cholesterol (which our bodies synthesize), Vitamin A (which we can make from beta carotene), and saturated fats (which we can make easily enough). tl;dr: You're a moron.

ahahahhahahaa i need to shake this man's hand!

krisFrAnHeehar 0

wow, that dad's funny, but everyone stop being pricks about what she eats and turning down a meal, im sure they were fine if she apologized, and they probably gave her a salad so shut the **** up!!!!